12+ results are out

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Emma

Post by Emma »

Well done and congratulations all who got through 12 plus..................especially Sally-Anne. Hard work and persistence always pays off.

My daughter has also got through................we all have to wait for the allocations.......

Let’s hope we all get what we have requested................now wouldn’t that be nice!!!!!!!

Regards, Emma.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Great news Emma - which school are you hoping for?
tiggy

12+ entry to JHGS

Post by tiggy »

Does anyone have a boy starting at JHGS in sSept having passed 12+? Still deciding whether or not to move our son from his current school. He is happy and settled but has a very long day as it is some distance away. Would love to hear anyone's experience of this type of move.
njg

Post by njg »

Hi Tiggy

Yes, i have a son starting JHGS in Sept after the 12+.
He is currently at Great Marlow where he is happy and coasting along. His decision has been tough but he is ok with moving. Luckily he has a few friends already there but it's still a bit daunting.
I had to change schools in year 8 and ran away because i thought it would be so dreadful! Of course it was fine but i can empathise. He has also admitted that the work load scares him.

We are visiting next Weds evening are you?
tiggy

12+ entry to JHGS

Post by tiggy »

Hi

Thanks for reassuring words. Unfortunately we can't make next week because our son has a commitment at current school. He will be there on induction morning though. We are in Marlow as well. Will your son be travelling on the bus? We are going to request later bus if possible.
njg

Post by njg »

I don't understand the bus situation. Are there 2 different times then?
We are in Marlow Bottom so i think there is just the one bus.
Presumably the council will sort out buses for john hampden.
My daughter is starting at Borlase and we've had to sort out buses ourselves as we are 2.9 miles away and the limit is 3 miles!!!!! We also have to pay £100 per term.
tiggy

12+ entry to JHGS

Post by tiggy »

Hi

I thought if they were in catchment and living in Bucks bus was free! We are central Marlow and two buses run I think - I spoke to someone at Council and they are sending me the forms. £100 per month is outrageous for local school! Is your son sporty?
tiggy

12+ entry to JHGS

Post by tiggy »

Just noticed £100 per term not month - not so bad!

Re: 12+ entry to JHGS

Post by Guest »

tiggy wrote:Hi

I thought if they were in catchment and living in Bucks bus was free!
Yes, but only if you live more than 3 miles away
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now