12+; appeal?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
jackie

12+; appeal?

Post by jackie »

Hi all, just discovered this great site, I know I am in the right place for advice. Firstly, congratulations to all those who passed the 12+ and commiseration indeed to those who did not.
Advice: Daughter scored 120 (disconsolate) Do we appeal? What are the chances? On what basis? She is bright and will do well at a grammar, that I know. Please advise.
Oh I must add, she narrowly missed the 11+ and appeal failed; will this be considered at all? I used to feel that you will do well wherever you are but evidently that is not always the case. So please, if you have had any experience of 12+ appeal, HELP!
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Jackie

There is no difference between a 12+ appeal and an 11+ appeal. Your daughter's previous near miss on the 11+ and the failed Appeal will not be taken into account.

A score of 120 is very well worth an Appeal provided you have the following:

- 3 x Level 5 SATs
- Strong support from the school
- Good academic evidence
- A realistic chance of being offered a place if the Appeal succeeds.

The latter point is really crucial - there is no point in going through all the pain of an appeal, only to realise that you are 10 miles from the nearest GS and stand no chance of being given a place!

Take a moment to register as a Member on the site (bottom of the page, no spam, no nasty emails I promise) and send me a PM with more detail of the school and your daughter's case and I will do all I can to help advise you.

Best wishes
Sally-Anne
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Jackie,

I agree with Sally-Anne's post - we have a far idea which Grammars have places.

If you can summon the energy to put an appeal together we will help? Do you know your daughter's KS2 Marks - not just levels? It they are high e.g. 92%+ for Maths this is a 5a ie a high 5.

How much is she being stretched where she is? Will the current school offer support for an appeal?

Good luck ..
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now