the tale of a girl

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Tagore

Re: the tale of a girl

Post by Tagore »

Tree
Thank you so much for sharing this story with us. It is inspiring for all those parents whose children do not get into super selective schools.
Tagore :D
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

Fantastic! Well done to your DD.
MrsChubbs

Post by MrsChubbs »

Well done Tree junior and well done Tree too for not allowing peer pressure to get to you. Just heard sine lovely success stories like this from my upper school too. A good story for any parent whose child is taking the 11 plus any year. Mrs C.
bondgirl

Post by bondgirl »

Thank you for sharing your story Tree - it brought a tear to my eye! It particularly resonates with me as DD also missed on the Superselective GS and is now at the local comp. She is very motivated and has had a great Y7. 2 girls have got into Oxford this year from her school.

For those of us with DCs going through this awful process this year, it is worth remembering that getting into GS is not the be all and end all. Wishing your DD continued success :D
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

Tree, I think you should repost this when the 11+ results are announced. This is a wonderful example of how a child can succeed and indeed flourish at a non-selective school. You must be feeling very proud.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Fran17 wrote:Tree, I think you should repost this when the 11+ results are announced. This is a wonderful example of how a child can succeed and indeed flourish at a non-selective school. You must be feeling very proud.

"Like"
scary mum
heartmum

Post by heartmum »

What wonderful news :D ... thank you for sharing - brought a tear to my eye x x x

Well done to mini-Tree for your success :D
Heartmum x x x
Long Journey

Post by Long Journey »

How lovely. It brought a tear to my eye too. Thank you so much for posting at this time when we are stressing about the upcoming 11+. It's nice to know that not making it is not the end at all.
Jed

Post by Jed »

What outstanding results - very well done to her.

And a credit to the particular comp (which Tree will know that my 11+ "non-passer" also attends - heading for As and Bs at A level). It was worth keeping on eye on these Year 9 settings!

Jed
Tree

Post by Tree »

Wow thanks for all the replies and nice messages everyone we r on holiday now just managed to get wifi and was gobsmacked that the thread had so many replies.

Thanks Jed, I remember being really reassured by u when dd was in lower school trying to work our way through those setting minefields.

One other thing dd said yesterday which I thought quite sad was that until she opened her gcse envelope even though she knew she had worked hard and could rationalise that she must have done wel she was plagued by the 'failed 11+" legacy of negative thoughts; "even though I have worked hard i will probably still fail" and " I am fundamentally dumb so I need to work extra hard to get even mediocre results"

Anyway thanks everyone
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now