the tale of a girl

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Looking for help

Re: the tale of a girl

Post by Looking for help »

Tree wrote: One other thing dd said yesterday which I thought quite sad was that until she opened her gcse envelope even though she knew she had worked hard and could rationalise that she must have done wel she was plagued by the 'failed 11+" legacy of negative thoughts; "even though I have worked hard i will probably still fail" and " I am fundamentally dumb so I need to work extra hard to get even mediocre results"

Anyway thanks everyone
I think that is exactly the problem with my son, he is convinced that no matter what he does, it is not going to work for him, but tree you have given us such a lot of reassurance that it does all work out for the best, and thank you very much for that :D
FluffyD

Post by FluffyD »

That was lovely, just showed it to my DS too. We have been really hamming up our local comp, (which is actually very good - I just think that our GS suits him better)
Vic x
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

This was lovely to read Tree. Very many congratulations to your very bright dd who will also have worked very hard to get such fantastic results. I am not from your regiom so I do not understand what her scores meant or how close she came but it is great to hear how well she has done. So she has her pick of A levels no doubt? DG
omismum

Post by omismum »

This story is amazing ..
Congratulations to the Girl-her dad and tree.
Simply great.
ourmaminhavana

Post by ourmaminhavana »

Lovely to read- very belatedly- of your DD's success Tree! Hopefully it will boost her confidence too... :D
patricia

Post by patricia »

Congratulations to you and your daughter.

Patricia
Garnett

Post by Garnett »

Tree
Heartwarming to read - thank you for sharing with us.
Congratulations to your daughter.
Argh Mum

Post by Argh Mum »

A very touching story - bought a tear to my eye... going through the same feelings and emotions as every other anxious 11+ parent.... but having read your story - truly inspirational.....

thank you
SUpple

Post by SUpple »

That brought a tear to my eye, too. The 11+ isn't the destination, it's just part of the journey! Congratulations to Tree and DD. :)
topsyturvy

Post by topsyturvy »

MAny congratulations!!!!!!!

Saw this thread via a link from Trafford....

We parents in Trafford waiting for the results this weekend and this story has given me so much of courage of how to handle the worst situation. Agree totally! Welldone Tree! :D