school allocations after 12+

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
njg

school allocations after 12+

Post by njg »

Thinking ahead to school places around June 15th following 12+ results.
I know that the council follow the admission rules in order after a pass.
With regard the sibling rule would this follow for me. I have a child starting grammar in September and hopefully another going into year 8. Will the sibling rule apply even though the sibling is younger than the applicant!!!!!?

I am confused!
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi njg

This is an interesting one. The rule states: "Siblings in Year 7 – 10 at the school."

On your original application form for the Year 8 child I am assuming that you weren't able to tick the "Sibling" box, as you didn't know then that the younger child would pass the 11+?

Therefore Bucks will not know that you have another child going there.

As they are not famous for having a crystal ball, I think you should call Admissions on Tuesday!

Sally-Anne
njg

Post by njg »

Yes - it says siblings in years 7-10 who are on the school roll at the time of allocations.
Would my daughter be on the school roll yet?
I don't think this could be more complicated!
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

I'm as sure as eggs is eggs that she won't be on the school roll. That means already attending the school - and she isn't.

However, I'm sure that Admissions will see the point here and want to help you get them both into the same school.

Get on the phone on Tuesday, and do post back to tell us what they say - I am intrigued!

Sally-Anne
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Your Y6 child will only be 'on roll' in September - of course there may not be room for your other child but it would be good grounds for a transfer appeal!!
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Indeed, Guest 55

My worry for njg is that the schools will already have been given the lists of 12+ qualifiers (to use your preferred term!) and njg's Year 8 willnot be getting the priority that he deserves under the sibling rule.

This is an unusual situation, and the only people who can help njg right now are Admissions.

I really hope this doesn't end up as a transfer appeal, but I agree with you that it is probably a very strong case indeed.

Sally-Anne
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Come on Dams Sa11y- Anne - you surely don't think the names will have been pa55ed on yet!! It's only a week since the 12+ scores were published ...
heavy sarcasm ....

Yes - I think njg should telephone and speak to Debbie Munday not a minion.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

I agree on all counts Guest55!

I would also suggest that njg sends an email to Admissions afterwards and specifically asks for a reply. And then print it out.

Belt and braces!

Sally-Anne
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Totally agree - would send e-mail to admissions@buckscc.gov.uk and copy in dmunday@buckscc.gov.uk

Belts, braces, another belt and another pair of braces ..... :lol:
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

I'd call that belt, braces and suspenders!

Well done Guest55!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now