year 5 eleven plus Bucks

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
APC123

year 5 eleven plus Bucks

Post by APC123 »

year 5 what will their 11 plus be [Oct 2013]? I have heard so many rumours, please can anyone say for certain or do we have to wait to January to find out.
Last edited by APC123 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hermanmunster

Re: year 5 eleven plus

Post by hermanmunster »

Which area are you in?
APC123

Re: year 5 eleven plus Bucks

Post by APC123 »

Bucks
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

I'll move the thread to the Bucks section
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I don't think anyone knows - see these threads

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 12&t=27577" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scary mum
loopymum64

Post by loopymum64 »

The Head at Henry Floyd's open evening specifically mentioned the exam for current year 5s. He said that the 13 Bucks grammar school heads were working together to agree a single exam which would in all likelihood still be administered by Bucks county council. Apparently the new process will be out for consultation between January and March so we will have to wait and see.
The one thing that is certain, as I spoke to him after his talk, is that the exams will be earlier next year so that the results are available before school applications need to be in. He said a couple of weeks earlier though he also said that there had been some talk of the possibility of sitting exams in the summer holidays ! I think you can imagine the look on my face when he said that, although I imagine it might be an option for out of county applicants.
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

loopymum64 wrote:He said a couple of weeks earlier though he also said that there had been some talk of the possibility of sitting exams in the summer holidays ! I think you can imagine the look on my face when he said that, although I imagine it might be an option for out of county applicants.
:shock: :evil: :shock: :evil: :shock:

OMDB!
Marylou
Lillie

Post by Lillie »

Thanks Loopymum for the feedback. If the test will be earlier it would need to be well before the end of October deadline for school preferences. It would have to be in September or indeed the summer holidays to give enough time for feedback. That will give the year 5 cohort even less time to prepare given the consultation process not starting till Jan. It all seems a very tight schedule next year given that changes to the process were announced back in April and no definite confirmation yet.
Amber

Post by Amber »

Lillie wrote:Thanks Loopymum for the feedback. If the test will be earlier it would need to be well before the end of October deadline for school preferences. It would have to be in September or indeed the summer holidays to give enough time for feedback. That will give the year 5 cohort even less time to prepare given the consultation process not starting till Jan. It all seems a very tight schedule next year given that changes to the process were announced back in April and no definite confirmation yet.
In Gloucestershire the test takes place in early October. Results are out within a week, in plenty of time for the CAF.
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Amber wrote:In Gloucestershire the test takes place in early October. Results are out within a week, in plenty of time for the CAF.
Precisely. Can't understand why it has to take so long. The papers are all machine-marked, so why the delay?

And as for the Jan-March consultation - I always said they were making this change far too quickly, and now this whole thing is starting to string out into something of a farce... :evil:

Edited to add - I wonder who precisely is going to be consulted? And is there really any point, in view of the outcome of previous "consultations"?
Marylou
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now