Bucks Free Press to publish 11+ results?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Dad40

Bucks Free Press to publish 11+ results. Confirmed

Post by Dad40 »

Interesting comment in the latest school bulletin about an FOI request from the BFP:

http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/schools/infop ... sp?ID=2505

Could Bucks CC prevent the BFP from publishing for any reason ? If not, I assume this would make 11+ results more public than they have ever been before.
hugh

Post by hugh »

Interesting. But of course the thing to rememer is that as with SATs results, they won't be able to publish anything relating to individual children. And if that's the case, don't Bucks publish all that data anyway - albeit not as easily obtainable as being printed in the paper?
Dad40

Post by Dad40 »

To date, I'm only aware of 11+ results being given to individuals if they request it through FOI (and they may share it on niche websites like this).

I'm not aware of 11+ results being generally published in an "in yer face" way i.e. in the newspapers or on the Bucks CC website. That's why I thought this worthy of comment.

Of course I may be wrong......
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

The number of children reaching qualifying in each school has been published on the web for several years - but this is more 'public'
Dad40

Post by Dad40 »

Guest55, Where has it been published in previous years? Can you elaborate.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

See Drummer's post on page 2 of this Bucks thread -
Dad40

Post by Dad40 »

Guest55, Did you mean to add a link.........?

Post by Guest »

School by school results are published in the local press here in Kent. (There are a couple of recent threads on this on the Kent forum). It doesn't seem to be any big deal; individual children aren't named. It's just a small column on an inside page somewhere.
drummer

Post by drummer »

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... php?t=2352

Here is the link. I would caution you to consider that this is only one years results which may have been an average year for a school or could have been really bad or good compared to usual. Results for the previous 2 years are somewhere on this site (?)

For example, I know that the results for one of my local schools are usually much worse than for this cohort.
Dad40

Post by Dad40 »

Thanks Drummer !

That confirms that these numbers may be published somewhere (i.e. a niche website) but reinforces that they are not published in a generally publicised way.

My sense is that most parents do not believe they are published anywhere so, as mentioned at the beginning of this thread, if the BFP do publish it seems that they would be making the figures more public than they have ever been before.

That can only be a good thing IMHO.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now