Order of Suitability

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Etienne

Post by Etienne »

The minutes of the February meeting of the headteachers' working group on admissions have eventually been published.
http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/schools/leade ... _group.asp
(Microsoft Word needed)

On the Order of Suitability they read as follows:

Reinstatement of Order of Suitability.

There was much discussion regarding this matter with a wide-ranging set of views represented. It was recognised that greater clarity would be beneficial in the headteacher's handbook to ensure that by following it written communication between schools and appeals panels will be even clearer both on the Headteacher's summary sheet and on the Order of Suitability, which will be retained for a further year but will continue to be reviewed. DM and PH agreed to bring a revised model back to the next meeting for discussion. DM will also review the opportunity for and advisability of setting up a ' training session for new headteachers' regarding this.
Etienne
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Etienne

Got a bit bored of checking for this document! Last checked a few days ago.

However, doesn't really say much does it?. Think I was expecting a bit more. What do you think?

Patricia
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Dear Patricia

"Wide-ranging set of views" = "lots of argument among the heads"! But I agree with you, nothing here to justify our original suspicions. The delay in publishing seems likely to have been just an administrative blip.
Etienne
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Etienne

Did begin to think it was an administrative error.

Have to say, I think generally Bucks cc is quite good and reasonably transparent. I have 'nosed' around some other authorities [ 11 plus ] we are marvellous in comparison to some.

Patricia
Etienne

revised headteachers' 11+ manual

Post by Etienne »

Have just been browsing the latest version of the headteachers' 11+ manual.

Following on from the 2005/06 discussion about the Order of Suitability here and in other threads, where I was rather critical of the practice in some junior schools, I think Bucks are to be congratulated on now tightening up the system and trying to get a more uniform and consistent approach on the part of headteachers.

Anyone interested in the Order of Suitability (which is produced at every 11+ selection appeal, and can be vital evidence) might like to read B13, pages 18 onwards:
http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/schools/docum ... 1_plus.pdf

I recall Patricia praising Bucks for the amount of information they publish on their website. I second that.
Etienne
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now