Help with 12+ appeal

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Sara B

Help with 12+ appeal

Post by Sara B »

Hi I was just wondering if there was anyone who could offer some advice with regard to grammar school admission appeals.

My daughter has taken the 12+ (after failing first time around) and passed. There are only 2 grammar schools in our catchment of - Aylesbury High and Sir Henry Floyd - "The Floyd" being our first choice and "The High" being our second choice however we have been told that she has been unsucessful in gaining a place in either school and we are therefore having to appeal.

Any advice anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Dear Sara

Have a look at the appeals page:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... m.php?f=35

Read the Q&As, especially section C:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/11plus ... nswers.php

Regards
Etienne
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

How close are you to Aylesbury? I know the Floyd had places - you could hope someone might turn a place down!! Have you asked where you are on the waiting list?
guest229

12+

Post by guest229 »

Hi Sara

Well done to your daughter! Why has she not been offered a place at either School? Is it due to over subscription?

Nif229
Sara B

Post by Sara B »

Hi in answer to all your responses which are very much appreciated -

From the wording of my notice letter it's the usual story of there were more applicants than there were places and that other applicants were higher priority than my daughter.

We are in catchment for both Sir Henry Floyd and Aylesbury High but we do live in a small village about 13.5 miles away from the Floyd.

I have requested that my daughter go on a waiting list but as yet don't know what position she is.

Thanks to Etienne for web pages.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Persevere - people got in from that distance last year - places may be freed up by families moving.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now