Slough VR compared to Bucks VR

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
drummer

Slough VR compared to Bucks VR

Post by drummer »

Does anyone know how scores on the VR element of the Slough test compares to the Bucks VR test? Ie can the score your child achieved give any clue as to how they might have done on the Bucks test?
The fact that 111 is considered qualification in Slough (or more realistically 115 or 116) but it is 121 in Bucks makes we wonder how/if they correspond.
Sonia

Re: Slough VR compared to Bucks VR

Post by Sonia »

Also curious about that coz we are in high wycombe abd daughter scored 116 in the VR paper for Slough consortium.

Drummer as you mentioned that for slough pass mark is 111/141 ( it look the VR test is difficult) as comapred to Bucks where the pass marks are (121/141) looks like bucks VR is easy as compared to Slough VR.
faitaccompli

Post by faitaccompli »

My son sat both last year - due to being a late sitter, he had around 4 weeks to prepare for the VR/NVR for Slough did the VR at Bucks 2 weeks later. He got around 109 (I can't remember exactly - sorry) for Slough VR and 123 for Bucks.

So did not qualify for Slough (needing 111 - even though that is not usually enough to actually get a place) and did qualify for Bucks (121 qualifying score). However, he spent more time on preparing for the NVR for Slough, and focused totally on VR for the final 2 weeks before the Bucks - which may have made the difference (particularly on meanings of words!)

Therefore, from our experience, it was easier to qualify for Bucks than it was for Slough Consortium.

I recall other children scored better on Slough than they did for Bucks, so I don't think you can read too much into it!
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Drummer as you mentioned that for slough pass mark is 111/141 ( it look the VR test is difficult) as comapred to Bucks where the pass marks are (121/141) looks like bucks VR is easy as compared to Slough VR.
Not sure of the logic here? Higher pass mark = easier?

Just different tests in different places?
scary mum