SWBGS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
faitaccompli

SWBGS

Post by faitaccompli »

Now, PLEASE bear in mind this is information from my DS who NEVER seems to pick up the right end of the stick, but apparently they had a child not turn up in a few classes in the September intake year 7 this year. He has already got a new girl in his class who started a week late - wondered whether anyone else has been offered late places?

He said (I reiterate what I said before about possibly duff information!) that the child due in his class decided to go to the local secondary school instead.

I do wonder (assuming the child did the prep for the 11+) why he has then decided not to come to SWBGS. One of those things I suppose we will never know.

Anyway - it clearly means that even if an offer is not received before September for a particular school, there IS some hope that places will become available.
scary mum

Re: SWBGS

Post by scary mum »

I think it was the same at BGS (think I mentioned it on another thread). I must ask DS if anyone new started late when someone failed to turn up.
scary mum
rm68

Post by rm68 »

Hello
There are lots of negative comments about class discipline at SWBGS on mums net. Are there any current parents who can give their view?
Thanks in advance.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

rm68 wrote:There are lots of negative comments about class discipline at SWBGS on mums net.
I can only find one rather old thread on MunsNet that comments negatively about SWBGS, and it is quite short. One particular poster seems so have had "an agenda".

If it helps, I have been reading the Bucks section of this forum for nearly 8 years and I have never, ever heard of a specific problem with SWBGS.

S-A
rm68

Post by rm68 »

Thank you. That is good to hear.
MelW

Post by MelW »

Have to say that there is much mis-information on Mumsnet regarding the school - I have been a parent there for over four years with two children and I do not recognise a lot of the comments. Asking people who have children there already really is the only way to get some accurate information in my opinion. Not everyone locally chooses to send their child there for whatever reason but everyone is entitled to their opinion as long as it is based on fact not rumour!
faitaccompli

Post by faitaccompli »

My son, as I said, is in Year 7 - there is NO sign of ANY lack of discipline so far. Am more than happy with it so far!
wodev

Post by wodev »

faitaccompli wrote:My son, as I said, is in Year 7 - there is NO sign of ANY lack of discipline so far. Am more than happy with it so far!
I have a DD in year 7 and she reports that there is no lack of discipline, everyone gets on with work/learning and that the teachers have complete control. Also, SWBGS did a FANTASTIC job of introducing the Year 7s to the school and to their new classmates over the summer. Like faitaccompli, I am more than happy with the school so far.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I think the main issue with the school is its location!

Every year the local press seem to print an article about parking with the HT portrayed as not very sympathetic towards local residents.