Just Received Raw Scores for March Born DD

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Manny0311

Re: Just Received Raw Scores for March Born DD

Post by Manny0311 »

Can someone now then please give me a rough indication of what a 108 would have been this year for march born child this year for paper 2 ????
Thank You
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Looking at last year's scores:

Emzmum's child (also March) scored 119, RS 72. Last year 118 was a RS of 69.

The nearest comparison we have to 108 from last year (December) is 110, which was a RS of 59 - 62.

Throwing all of that into a melting pot, I would hazard a guess at a RS of 60 - 63? Very much guesswork though!

Please remember that raw scores are purely occupational therapy for idle minds - they have no relevance in appeal cases whatsoever.
Manny0311

Post by Manny0311 »

Shocking however !!

A very very high mark required this year....what a relief !
miltonkeynesmum

Post by miltonkeynesmum »

Hi emzmum can you help just thinking of getting raw scores for daughter she is October born . But struggling to understand I how I could use them in positive way for review and how to interepret them not very good with maths. Any and I do mean any advice on benefits of raw scores would be much appreciated
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

miltonkeynesmum wrote:Hi emzmum can you help just thinking of getting raw scores for daughter she is October born . But struggling to understand I how I could use them in positive way for review and how to interepret them not very good with maths. Any and I do mean any advice on benefits of raw scores would be much appreciated
Raw scores in themselves are of absolutely no use at a review/appeal. What can sometimes be helpful is the remark, if it shows e.g. that a child missed a whole section of 6 or 7 questions.

With the raw score required to qualify this year apparently being as high as 74 on one paper, that would make a very big difference, especially if the child got every other question right on that paper. Alternatively, it might be that all the errors were on Codes.

In reality though, most children make scattered errors, but vocabulary is the universal downfall of virtually every child.
EmzMum

Post by EmzMum »

As Sally-Anne said, I don't think raw scores are of any use in appeals. I got my DDs to see if there were any weak areas as she has said she would like to try the 12+ and we wanted to see if there was anything in particular she needed to work on.

I would focus on providing as much strong academic evidence as possible. I'm not sure how weaknesses in certain areas are viewed. I'm pretty sure they consider appeals on a case-by-case basis so it's hard to say. It's the first time through the process for me too so sorry I can't be of more help!
miltonkeynesmum

Post by miltonkeynesmum »

Thanks do you know if we can ask for the raw scores at a later date just to see where she went wrong and perhaps also consider problem areas for 12+
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

You have a window of 21 days from the release of the results to apply for a remark. There is no opportunity to do so after that.
Manny0311

Post by Manny0311 »

Hi
If I wanted to get paper 2 raw marks what is the process? Sorry its probably on the forum somewhere and are there costs involved ?
Thank You
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Manny0311 wrote:Hi
If I wanted to get paper 2 raw marks what is the process? Sorry its probably on the forum somewhere and are there costs involved ?
Thank You
Third post on this thread: http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... is#p350160" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Note that it transpired a few days ago that you need to email Bucks CC admissions. Apparently they then provide you with a link to apply and to make online payment.

You will not be able to opt for just Paper 2 - both papers will be remarked.