Information Require - (Moving from Sunderland)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
tand

Information Require - (Moving from Sunderland)

Post by tand »

Hi,

I am based at Sunderland (North East) and my son is currently studying in Year 5.

I am planning for him for Grammar school from Year 7 on-wards and would like to know below information about Buckinghamshire Grammar School

I am planning to move High wycombe later at this year or next year and have below queries

1. Can he appear in 11 plus exam for Bucks council while staying in Sunderland. Is there any catchment area?
2. Application form date for 11 plus exam
3. Exam date
4. Is there any centralize exam for all grammar school in Bucks or individual exam for each school.
5. My preference is Royal grammar school. Is it possible if I can choose preference.

Please can you help me for above queries.

Thanks and Regards,
Tand
Guest55

Re: Information Require - (Moving from Sunderland)

Post by Guest55 »

Hi - welcome to the forum.

Most of the answers are on here, look in the Bucks section. The new-style 11+ (see posts) will be in September (probably) of Year 6 and then you need to submit a CAF with school preferences.

You need to check the alternatives if your son does not qualify if you live in HW. When are you planning to move? I'd make sure you were in Bucks sooner rather than later as they will take your address on a specific date (proabably November 2013) into account and you won't get RGS if you are in Sunderland.
tand

Post by tand »

Thanks for response.
I will check further about new test format however moving to HW before Aug may be difficult for me.
Does all GS in Bucks having catchment area policy?
I am not sure if move in Aug will help to find GS due to cut off dates.

Please comment.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

They all have catchments, but anyone can apply to them, it's just if you live outside what is sometimes quite a small area, your child won't get in (the exception is some of the schools on the edge of the county). Here are the past allocation profiles which should give you some idea of the chaces of getting in. I think they are moving to straight line distances this year, but the same principle would apply:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/school ... n-profiles" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scary mum
tand

Post by tand »

Thanks for response. I understand now that all GS having catchment policy.
Will schools considered me differently as I will be new mover to HW area.

I also understand that application form , exam dates will be announce after march'13 once consultation will be over and there will be only one exam for all GS schools in Bucks area.

Is my understanding correct?

This forum is really wonderful!!!
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

tand wrote:Will schools considered me differently as I will be new mover to HW area.
Apart from Dr Challoner Boys (as per Guest55's post, above), no, provided you are in Bucks by the date for proof of address, which we don't yet know, but I am hazarding a guess at September. It could possibly be earlier, if the deadline to apply for testing is in, say, July.
I also understand that application form , exam dates will be announce after march'13 once consultation will be over and there will be only one exam for all GS schools in Bucks area.
You are on the right track.

There is a big announcement coming up on Wednesday, and that may clarify the timeline.