Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:00 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: RGS Grammar
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:52 pm 
My son is now number 10 on the waiting list for RGS.We live in Langley and he has secured a place at Langley Grammar. My appeal was turned down for RGS. What are his chances of getting a place at RGS for September.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:24 pm 

Rog I would think you are unlikely to get a place - although someone with personal experience of the school may know better. You could ask to remain on the waiting list.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:26 pm 
I agree with Guest 55. Your chances are very slight. if there's any movement at this point, it will be probably only one or two children who pull out/fail to turn up for some reason. Time to look forward positively to the bird in the hand?

Geoffrey

Post subject: Mel X
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:39 pm 

Hi Rog

Look it may be different this year but I know last year some boys who had not passed the 11+ got into RGS because they were under subscribed so invited boys to do thier own inhouse test. If I were you I would call the school direct. Nothing ventured and all that.

Just out of interest why would prefer RGS to LG?

Mel

Post subject: Re: Mel X
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:39 pm 
does anybody know the difficulty level of their inhouse tests. i heard they ask for maths and english so if it is true then i would be interested to know what sort of questions do they ask and if they call pupils for interview as well. any help is much appreciated. thankyou.
Mel X wrote:
Hi Rog

Look it may be different this year but I know last year some boys who had not passed the 11+ got into RGS because they were under subscribed so invited boys to do thier own inhouse test. If I were you I would call the school direct. Nothing ventured and all that.

Just out of interest why would prefer RGS to LG?

Mel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:24 pm 
Hi guest

Give RGS a call as I am sure they will be happy to advise you but i suspect you will need to do it soon.

Good luck to you

Mel

Ps

Out of interest why woudl you prefer RGS to LG