Grammar school allocations 2013

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
TLC11

Grammar school allocations 2013

Post by TLC11 »

I am attempting to analyse the allocation profiles for previous years entry to DCHS.

The figures shown state IA to approximately 6 - 8 miles. Does this mean all in area catchment children were offered a place within this specified radius? What about in catchment children from outside this radius? Or, does it mean all in catchment area children offered including 6-8 miles out of catchment?

We live 5.4 miles from the school (driving distance) and trying to gauge how likely it is that DD will get a place.

Sorry if this has already been explained elsewhere on the forum. We are relatively new to the area and have not endured this challenge before! Thank you.
bucks mum1

Re: Grammar school allocations 2013

Post by bucks mum1 »

If you live under 6 miles and IN CATCHMENT, you would have historically got a place at DCHS according to information below. No if you live 6 miles away but out of catchment you would not have got a place. For example my nearest Bucks school is approx 3 miles away but we are not in catchment so historically children from our village have not got a place there.

This is the initial allocation on March 1st so might have slightly improved at a later date but I think it is safe to say that you would normally be required to live in catchment to get a place. Good Luck!

2010 Dr Challoner's High School All applicants offered under rule 2 {3} (catchment siblings) and some allocated under rule 2 (catchment) to 6.851 miles

2011 Dr Challoner's High School All applicants offered under rule 2 {4} (catchment siblings) and some allocated under rule 2 (catchment) to 7.090 miles

2012 Dr Challoner's High School All applicants offered under rule 2 {4} (catchment siblings) and some allocated under rule 2 (catchment) to 7.667
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi TLC11

Somehow I completely missed your post. Most unlike me, so apologies for that.

Bucks Mum 1 is quite right. Provided you are in catchment you should be pretty certain of gaining a place. The only fly in the ointment could be the new straight line distance measurement, but as someone said, "everyone just got a lot closer".

S-A
singingmummy

Post by singingmummy »

I think you should be ok, my daughter gained her place in the second round of allocations last year and we are about 8.5 miles out, but in catchment. If you have younger daughters, you should be aware that DCHS is proposing to remove the sibling link for future admissions. If this is of concern, please respond to their consultation via their website by 1st March.
Best wishes.
TLC11

Post by TLC11 »

Hello,

Thank you for your replies! We are in catchment for the school! Fingers crossed for the 1st March for everyone! :)

Bucks mum - DC2 is my son, no more daughters...

Good luck to all