out of county/out of catchment

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
newgirl

out of county/out of catchment

Post by newgirl »

I live out of county and have applied to a Bucks School. Are "out of county" people classed as the same as "out of catchment", or are they on a catergory lower i.e.

1. in catchment sibling
2. in catchment first born
3. out of catchment sibling
4. out of catchment first born
5. out of county sibling
6. out of county first born

or is it

1. in catchment sibling
2. in catchment first born
3. out of catchment and out of county sibling
4. out of catchment and out of county first born

Hope that makes sense!
Sally-Anne

Re: out of county/out of catchment

Post by Sally-Anne »

It depends which school it is - they all have different rules now.

Either let us know which one it is, or check the school's own website for their 2013 Admissions Policy.
Daddy123

Post by Daddy123 »

Can I go on a waitlist for a new school now, though not listed on CAF?

Burnham GS - Just saw the Ofsted Report on their website and they have got 2 (Good) on all parameters. Why is it not Outstanding - any reasons???
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Daddy123 wrote:Can I go on a waitlist for a new school now, though not listed on CAF?
Yes, you can. You should accept the place your child has been offered though.
Burnham GS - Just saw the Ofsted Report on their website and they have got 2 (Good) on all parameters. Why is it not Outstanding - any reasons???
Nothing significant that I am aware of. The school has become increasingly popular in reecnt years.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

It's a good school. They did have a v slight dip in their results last summer. The Ofsted's report & letter from the head are here:

http://www.bgs.bucks.sch.uk/
scary mum
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

Daddy123 wrote:Can I go on a waitlist for a new school now, though not listed on CAF?

Read the Ofsted report, it will detail the things the inspectors believe the school needs to do to improve further. For comparison, read a report from an Outstanding school. My own opinion is not to let a school's Ofsted report carry all the weight when making a choice. There has recently been a change to the Common Inspection Framework so it is harder to compare grades under the different frameworks. Ofsted reports are just one measure of a school's effectiveness. They are not infallible and like an MOT on a car, not a guarantee of future quality.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now