Bucks Online Admission Portal - Application Outcome

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
drummer

Re: Bucks Online Admission Portal - Application Outcome

Post by drummer »

Does Becky High's allocation profile "All applicants offered under rule b (catchment siblings) and rule c (catchment)" mean that no OOC have been offered?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Yes, it does. Pretty much what we were expecting, given that the first preferences were up quite sharply.
Jpk

Post by Jpk »

Sally-Anne wrote:Yes, it does. Pretty much what we were expecting, given that the first preferences were up quite sharply.

So I guess this must mean that in catchment pupils and siblings for becky highmatched exactly the number of places available? Anyone help me with this?

Also, how can I find out how far down the waiting list am I for this school (or any other) and also when the next allocation round may be done? Thanks
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

From memory (6 years ago!), they send out a letter in about 6 weeks telling you where you are on the waiting list (I guess they have to wait for people to accept places) and then update that when they do the allocations (about once a month, I seem to remember).
scary mum
heartmum

Post by heartmum »

KathyS wrote:We are 4.985 miles from our first choice school (AGS) so should be ok - but I won't believe it til I get that email!

Kathy
Sally-Anne wrote:Given that they have allocated to more than 14 miles away, you are as safe as houses, Kathy.
Sally-Anne's right (as always :wink: ) but I understand that until you get that offer email you just don't want to celebrate.

We're AGS too - but as we're in catchment we had our good news :D good luck to you KathyS, look forward to you confirming the allocation profile was correct :D
Heartmum x x x
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Jpk wrote:So I guess this must mean that in catchment pupils and siblings for becky highmatched exactly the number of places available? Anyone help me with this?
Yes, that's correct.
Also, how can I find out how far down the waiting list am I for this school (or any other) and also when the next allocation round may be done? Thanks
As scary says - full details of when the next allocation rounds take place are on pp. 70 & 71 of this section of the Parents' Guide.

Link added! Apologies for the omission.
http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/assets/conten ... _3_GFP.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cazza0104

Post by Cazza0104 »

I know of at least two girls who will be turning down their places, so if you're quite close to the border you may be in luck.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Whoops! Just noticed that the link was missing from my last post - here it is, and I will now add it to the post. http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/assets/conten ... _3_GFP.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks for the information, Cazza. Out of curiosity, could you let me know which alternative schools the girls wil be going to? I am always curious about the few who turn down a 1st preference GS place.
Daddy123

Post by Daddy123 »

Last year BGS was All Offered by September.
This year it looks very different. Any reasons for higher demand inspire of a not so good OFSTED in Nov-12. Any inputs will help in choosing school....
Last edited by Daddy123 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jpk

Post by Jpk »

Cazza0104 wrote:I know of at least two girls who will be turning down their places, so if you're quite close to the border you may be in luck.
Thanks cazza - turning down Becky high or turning down ags. Thanks.

Ps....anyone else spot the typo in the parents guide.......whoever white it clearly wouldn't have got the vr question on forth versus fourth correct.....