Go to navigation
It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:42 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:13 am 

Available here http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/assets/conten ... e-2013.pdf , although the BCC website is going up and down like a yoyo.

I will update our own website shortly.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:20 am 

Grammar School Allocation Profiles updated here: http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/school ... n-profiles

Upper Schools will be updated shortly.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:52 am 

Thanks S.A for the post as it helps all the parents to know the outcome before the actual results comes in by night!!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:10 pm 

You might want to merge my post SA - didn't see the sticky!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:12 pm 

Hello SA,
Do you think the distance will go higher after this round? I meant for Burnham GS?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:18 pm 

buzzybee, I have deleted your thread.

Biar, it's very hard to say what might happen. If you look at the link I posted http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/school ... n-profiles you will see that in 2011 the distance changed considerably, whereas last year it hardly moved at all. (Look at the footnote about appeals for other schools.)

All I can really say is that there is usually a bit of movement on BGS every year. If you are hoping for more than a mile, I think you are looking at an appeal and/or Plan B. Of course, there is no harm in sitting on the waiting list as well!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:03 am 

We are in the catchment area for 2 grammars - Borlase and John Hampden. We live about 1 mile from Borlase and 3 miles from JH. We put Borlase first and have been offered it, but my son now thinks he might want to go to John Hampden. Do you think this will be possible? Do we just accept Borlase and go on the waiting list for JH? How are places prioritzed at the second allocation? If we are offered a place at JH is the Borlase place automatically lost or we will be asked again which one we want?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:02 am 

SKJJB wrote:
We put Borlase first and have been offered it, but my son now thinks he might want to go to John Hampden. Do you think this will be possible? Do we just accept Borlase and go on the waiting list for JH?
Yes, you MUST accept the place at SWB, but you can apply to be put on the waiting list for JHG.

Quote:
How are places prioritzed at the second allocation? If we are offered a place at JH is the Borlase place automatically lost or we will be asked again which one we want?

Places for the second round of allocations are given in exactly the same way as for the first round - in line with the school's Admissions Policy. If you get a place at JH, the place at SWB will be offered to someone else. You cannot sit on two offers until you have made your minds up.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:21 am 

Hi,

Thanks makes interesting reading.

Does WHS and RGS allocating to OA where they were both IA last year mean fewer children IA passed or just fewer children IA applied?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:01 am 

jabba7 wrote:
Does WHS and RGS allocating to OA where they were both IA last year mean fewer children IA passed or just fewer children IA applied?

There is no way of knowing about the IA/OA, but I think the distances for RGS & WHS result from JHG and BHS being more popular this year than last year. First preferences for both were very significantly up on last year: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=30605