SWBGS vs JHGS vs. ROYAL GS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Amber

Re: SWBGS vs JHGS vs. ROYAL GS

Post by Amber »

What do all those eleven (is it eleven?) strapping young heroes do with one vase to share between them? Can just see them all walking round with their victory bouquets and no vase to put them in...
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Amber wrote:What do all those eleven (is it eleven?) strapping young heroes do with one vase to share between them? Can just see them all walking round with their victory bouquets and no vase to put them in...
I think it's 15 plus a fair few reserves. I suspect they gaze at it in the school trophy cabinet and bask in glory, reflected among the rest of Y10! :wink: :lol:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... in-19.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

...and they all got a medal to keep! :)
Marylou
Daddy123

Post by Daddy123 »

Rob Clark wrote:I believe JHGS has been improving steadily over the past few years though – maybe one of the mods could confirm this? Certainly both the boys and the parents I know there are very happy with it.

Re. RGS, it is a rugby school if that is a factor. They are passionate about it and are the most successful school in the country at U15 level so the focus is on that much more than other sports.
Mods - please advise on above topic and about Rob's remarks re. JHGS. Thanks.
jabba7

Post by jabba7 »

Sorry I couldn't resist commenting on the RGS rugby, there are two camps at the school from what I see the boys who play and the boys who don't. It is fine not to play but those that do love it.

I hear this year 7 A team are doing really well and I think unbeaten all season and no my son is not in the team!
jabba7

Post by jabba7 »

What does bumped mean and how does this happen?
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Replaced on the team for someone else, or dropped to sub, or a lower team normally due to being unfit, or not passing if it is rugby. Edited...:oops: sorry...see below...thanks kcg

Rgs A team are worked hard and often, to reach their achievements, up to 4 lunchtime training sessions a week...it is oddly obsessive. The B team get an occasional extra session, but the poor c and d teams only play on light evenings, school games or in matches. Consequentially A win everything, B win a lot but c and d lose most games to other schools who train ALL their kids that want to play.

They have a good hockey team, cricket and rowing, but mention the f word, and all goes quiet...they play footy about once a year for an interform game, and to allow them to list it on their web site sports pages.
Last edited by southbucks3 on Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

I think jabba7 might have been referring to "bumped" as in on this forum. Bumping a topic is a way of bringing an old topic back to the top of everyone's list again so that people comment or respond.
jabba7

Post by jabba7 »

Thanks SB3 and KCG appreciate the explanation on both counts :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now