New CGP 11 Plus Books CEM Style

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Lillie

New CGP 11 Plus Books CEM Style

Post by Lillie »

I saw a discussion about these apparently new publications in the General 11 Plus Forum. I don't know how to do a link but maybe there should be some link to these from the Bucks forum if someone can help?

Does anyone have any opinions on whether these books are worth bothering with? I thought the whole idea was that CEM did not publish any information on the format of the tests and that the format will change each year. So how come CGP have published this? Maybe this is just a gap in the market they are trying to fill.

Any thoughts on whether these books are worthwhile would be appreciated.
Tinkus-Pinkus

Re: New CGP 11 Plus Books CEM Style

Post by Tinkus-Pinkus »

I bought these books and my DD did one of the full tests today and she only foot 71% does anyone know what sort of mark will be expected for the CEM teat in Bucks. Is the 11 plus really going to be as hard as these papers. My DD achieved level 5's in her optional Sats she is top of her class in a very high performing scroll yet she struggled with the CGP test. Has anyone else tried them out? What sort of results are you getting? My DD gets 80/90 all the time in Bond papers.
Louismum

Post by Louismum »

To answer the two questions: I don't think anyone knows what the CEM pass mark will be in Bucks, and I think CGP are just filling a gap in the market for us stressed-out parents.

A lot of these practice papers are used by children aiming for schools where they only take the top 5-10%, so the papers should be harder than an exam designed to find the top 30% like in Bucks. That's what I'm telling myself anyway! Having said that, I'm trying to aim high just in case. Better that than the other way round!
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

there are quite a few CEM related products in the shop

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/shop/CEM-11-PLUS/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;