letter from Bucks Council re prep and transfer test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Desperate_Parents

Re: letter from Bucks Council re prep and transfer test

Post by Desperate_Parents »

We are out of the county and my daughter has her exam slots at 9.00 in Bucks. So if anyone wants to share a coffee while we are waiting for our children to finish their exams ..................
patricia

Post by patricia »

Lea's mum wrote:That is not what I have been told. Bucks CC organised the test and the allocation across all Grammar Schools. All out of county are going through the test in the afternoon, not just one specific Grammar school.
Yes indeed Bucks have been asked to organise.

However with regard to OCC being given the afternoon slots, I know that is not true. One of my children who lives out of county and in addition goes to an out of county school has been given a morning slot.

Patricia
Lea's mum

Post by Lea's mum »

Desperate_Parents wrote:We are out of the county and my daughter has her exam slots at 9.00 in Bucks. So if anyone wants to share a coffee while we are waiting for our children to finish their exams ..................
I would love a coffee in the morning, but we will be there in the afternoon unfortunately. It would be nice to wait together though, this is quite stressful for us parents too!
Lea's mum

Post by Lea's mum »

patricia wrote:
Lea's mum wrote:That is not what I have been told. Bucks CC organised the test and the allocation across all Grammar Schools. All out of county are going through the test in the afternoon, not just one specific Grammar school.
Yes indeed Bucks have been asked to organise.

However with regard to OCC being given the afternoon slots, I know that is not true. One of my children who lives out of county and in addition goes to an out of county school has been given a morning slot.

Patricia
That is interesting, thanks Patricia. So the person I had on the phone from Bucks CC really didn't know much about the whole system.
patricia

Post by patricia »

Hope you got their name!

Definitely make your concerns known, preferably via email.

Patricia

PS I would have coffee and cake anytime. Mines a cortado!
MamaBear

Post by MamaBear »

I wish you all the best Lea's Mum, my ds is going for the Royal Grammar School how about your daughter?
Lea's mum

Post by Lea's mum »

Thank you, that is really kind. We don't know yet where she would end up, providing she qualifies of course! Chesham Grammar or Aylesbury High. It would be her choice and she is not sure yet.
This is really quite a lot of pressure for some 10 years old kids... and for the parents too!
Lea's mum

Post by Lea's mum »

patricia wrote:Hope you got their name!

Definitely make your concerns known, prefably via email.

Patricia

PS I would have coffee and cake anytime. Mines a cortado!
Coffee and cakes would be lovely! We should definitely organise something when the whole thing is over.
I have to say I have found a lot of comfort (or solace :lol: ) reading the forum, it was really helpful to find some advices, some tips, but also to share ups and down with other parents and tutors. I have found the site much helpful and would recommend it to my friends who will have the joy to go through the 11+ next year round
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

There's no getting away, Lea's mum...

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... =43&t=1811" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scary mum
Lea's mum

Post by Lea's mum »

I will come back after September, but I will be much more relaxed about it. I know I am borderline OCD but that exam was the last straw, I don't feel sane anymore.
It takes a lot of effort to talk trying to use half a dozen of vocab words in the same sentence, and my husband is running off inappropriate tips to help dd to remember them
eg.
Ample? Think of the size of grandma's boobs :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now