11+ Bucks exam held yesterday (12th Sep 2013)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Disillusioned

11+ Bucks exam held yesterday (12th Sep 2013)

Post by Disillusioned »

How did it go for your DC? DD said that she found the Maths and NVR sections too long & struggled to finish. Comprehension was all right. Overall she found the paper ok but doesn't know if she would pass. Worried!
FLG

Re: 11+ Bucks exam held yesterday (12th Sep 2013)

Post by FLG »

I think they all have their areas of strength. Mine said the nvr was ok with one section he felt really confident in. He said the sections we're big, like 20+ questions in each, three or four in a paper. He and a couple of friends said the timing was hard and each section they had to quickly guess the last few as they were out of time. Even the children who had been tutored. He then said it was easier thasome of the practise online and one on Tuesday...I have no idea, guess we will soon find out. I hate the wait! Good luck
nonplussed

Post by nonplussed »

Hello! There's more discussion about yesterday's test on the thread "Woohoo it's over". Our DC ran badly out of time on one of the maths sections, so you're not alone! I gather there were 203 questions altogether, and if many children struggled to finish, this will be reflected when the marks are standardized. There is also some age adjustment (July/August children getting more credit than September children). And remember that the children who finished all the questions may have made mistakes in their rush. It's not going to be an easy 4 weeks waiting for the results!
drummer

Post by drummer »

nonplussed wrote:here is also some age adjustment (July/August children getting more credit than September children).
Just to clarify (because people do get over exerted about such things) 'standardized' usually means that September children will be compared against other September children, October with October.....July with July. No marks are added or taken away according to age.
Disillusioned

Post by Disillusioned »

Thanks for the feedback & thanks for directing me to the relevant thread.
Fingers crossed for the 11th of October.