Have a good prep day!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Tinkus-Pinkus

Have a good prep day!

Post by Tinkus-Pinkus »

To any Mum's or Dads of children in Bucks. I ope the preparation day go's well for all your DC's and it calms them and fills them with confidence for the real thing on Thursday. BREATHE!
loopymum64

Re: Have a good prep day!

Post by loopymum64 »

That's what I keep telling myself : "And breathe......." Too late to panic now, I think DD is as ready as she can be and really just want to get on with it. Good luck to all.
Lea's mum

Post by Lea's mum »

Good luck to you all! This has been a really tough experience actually, but I really found some comfort in ready all the posts, great to see that I am not alone worrying. Best of luck to your dc ***
Tinkus-Pinkus

Post by Tinkus-Pinkus »

I too have found comfort in reading this site. For the most part peoples comments are helpful and positive. Just a few hours to go and the first step is over DD seemed to sleep well last night.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Yes, hope everyone's child stays well this week, does not panic, answers enough questions correctly, and comes out happy enough. You have all done what you possibly could so now you can relax because it is almost over. Join the ks2 and secondary threads now!
Tinkus-Pinkus

Post by Tinkus-Pinkus »

Thank you Mystery. My DD has already set her next target which is to get good marks level 6 SATs in English and Maths. I thought the striving was over for a bit. Apparently not. Not sure I ca cope with another 7 years of this and then beyond to Uni. Sometimes I wish DD was uncomplicated and less aspirational like some of her friends.
Audreylawyer

Post by Audreylawyer »

Good luck to everyone. I have been a bundle of nerves all morning and couldn't sleep last night. How will I be on Thursday given that today is only the practice :?

My DS, was as calm and relaxed as can be!!!

Hope it goes well for all the DC today and on Thursday.
Tinkus-Pinkus

Post by Tinkus-Pinkus »

How did all your DC's find the prep test today? My DD said it was much easier than expected. She said that the maths was the hardest for her and is not multiple choice, but still easier than expected, single step problem solving not 4 step, I think it was more the way that they answer the questions that threw her. The NVR was easy. English and VR as expected, they call the close tests missing words not cloze. All sounds much easier than the CGP tests. I hope this is all a reflection of what to expect on the day.
DD came out happy, relaxed and smiling :D
Gaia

Post by Gaia »

Tinkus-Pinkus wrote:How did all your DC's find the prep test today? My DD said it was much easier than expected. She said that the maths was the hardest for her and is not multiple choice, but still easier than expected, single step problem solving not 4 step, I think it was more the way that they answer the questions that threw her. The NVR was easy. English and VR as expected, they call the close tests missing words not cloze. All sounds much easier than the CGP tests. I hope this is all a reflection of what to expect on the day.
Hi Tinkus-Pinkus I am waiting for my dd to come out of the prep test , it sounds that the prep test is easier then we hoped to be. Your words of happy, relaxed and smiling are giving me some hope. I have to wait another hour until she appears. I am nervous wreck. What will I be on the 12, well I don't know.
kittymum

Post by kittymum »

Tinkus-Pinkus wrote:How did all your DC's find the prep test today? My DD said it was much easier than expected. She said that the maths was the hardest for her and is not multiple choice, but still easier than expected, single step problem solving not 4 step, I think it was more the way that they answer the questions that threw her. The NVR was easy. English and VR as expected, they call the close tests missing words not cloze. All sounds much easier than the CGP tests. I hope this is all a reflection of what to expect on the day.
Very similar to my Ds's comments - Verbal all easy he said (including Synonyms and Cloze) and plenty of time, NVR straightforward but one section tight on time, numerical very tight on time - didn't finish one section (this was always going to be the hardest for him) - knew how to do them all though.

Clearly these old be famous last words but he's feeling much chirpier (which I guess is the point of a familiarisation paper!!). He found the cd administration and the answer paper fine.