Woohoo, it's over!! Sort of

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Amber

Re: Woohoo, it's over!! Sort of

Post by Amber »

Tinkus-Pinkus wrote:I think someone could write a very funny comedy about the 11 plus in an Outnumbered sort of dry humour style. Anyone know any comedy writers, not sure I am up to the job myself.
Read 'May Contain Nuts' by John O' Farrell?
Tinkus-Pinkus

Post by Tinkus-Pinkus »

Amber wrote:
Tinkus-Pinkus wrote:I think someone could write a very funny comedy about the 11 plus in an Outnumbered sort of dry humour style. Anyone know any comedy writers, not sure I am up to the job myself.
Read 'May Contain Nuts' by John O' Farrell?
Will do, I will order it now. Thanks.
mystery

Post by mystery »

southbucks3 wrote:Any test that requires 10 yearold children to sit for two hours without water provided to them, or toilet breaks, is a basic infringement of their rights. I can only think the schools in question have got away with it so far because children only sit once, and information is not passed to the next years parents, and also the understandable, but very probably unfounded fear, that stirring a hornet's nest at a school their child hopes to be educsted within, may result in teachers discriminating against the child and parents come year 7.
You only have to sit in a cinema with a child for 2 hours, to see the reality of the situation, they want drinks, and often need the loo. Parent power is definitely required to ensure that future children do not encounter similar situations.
I agree. It also invalidates the results of a standardise test.

Any how the school will get what they want. The selected number of children who can work very fast and accurately in a long and stressful test situation and have strong bladders. It would have worked many decades ago - the kids with outside toilets would probably have won hands down.