out of county 11 plus exams in October half term

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
malkbk

out of county 11 plus exams in October half term

Post by malkbk »

Hi there everyone,
Can anyone tell me where my (out of county ) son is likely to be asked to take his exam? I have heard that it may be in Aylesbury or in a bucks school. does anyone know where they usually do it?
Many thanks
Barbara
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Barbara

It will depend on numbers - it could be at County Hall or at a Bucks school. The Misbourne (Great Missenden) and the the Grove (Aylesbury) have been used for the 12+ in the past, but it could be anywhere.

Sally-Anne
hugh

Post by hugh »

That's just the sort of clearcut question that is best directed to the Bucks admissions team:
01296 383250
They're usually very helpful and you'll get a definitive answer.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

I agree with Hugh, but you probably won't get an answer until at least September or possibly early October.

Admissions will not commit to giving information until they are fairly certain.

Do give it a try though.

Sally-Anne
malkbk

Post by malkbk »

Thanks everyone, I have already spoken to Bucks CC but they did not have an answer for me. I was just wondering if the same schools were used each year . From your replies , I can assume that this is not the case.
Thanks anyway.
Barbara
Barbara
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

It's usually County Hall for 11+
Roo

Post by Roo »

My daughter did 11+ from out of County last October 2006 for Sept 2007 admission.We were given 2 dates (Mon & Thurs) during the October half term week at the Grange School Aylesbury.
We also had option of her doing the tests in her Primary School on dates at discretion of her Headteacher but chose to go to the test centre as we felt the tests would be properly administered there and no distractions etc.
I don't think the tests are done at County Hall.
Pleased to say she passed and is starting at AHS tomorrow.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Roo

So glad to hear that she passed. I hope she has a great first day at AHS.

You made the right decision (in my opinion) to have her take the test at the Grange School, rather than at her own school. As you say, central testing does iron out the blips that can occur at the child's own school.

Sally-Anne
hugh

Post by hugh »

Sally-Anne wrote:You made the right decision (in my opinion) to have her take the test at the Grange School, rather than at her own school. As you say, central testing does iron out the blips that can occur at the child's own school.
I think it depends on the child. For some it would be far more stressful to be in unfamilar surroundings with hordes of other children (reminding them how many they are competing with).

And glad your children both passed, by the wya.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I think it depends on numbers - I certainly know of children who've sat 11+, 12+ and 13+ at County Hall
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now