How to present test results?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Brum Mum

Re: How to present test results?

Post by Brum Mum »

I think that I will be following Amber's lead if it is addressed to the 'parents of...'.

I'm not going to mention its results day beforehand and hope that he's forgotten all about it until I tell him - one way or the other.

...I can't believe its still another month until results day - I really need to get my impatience under control! :lol: :lol:
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

DS2 is fully aware that the earliest we will know the result of his CSSE exam is by email on his birthday :shock: - we have been told that emails will be sent out over the weekend of 11th - 13th October and I saw no reason to hide this from him when he asked. Apparently the CSSE will also be putting letters in the post on the 11th. Given last year's problems with their email system, and the unreliability of our post, it is likely to be a race between the two methods to see which one of them won't put us out of our misery.

Anyway, I am rather hoping that either the emails will all arrive at the crack of dawn on the 11th and it will be good news for DS2 and all of his friends who are taking the 11+, or that none of the emails will arrive before we have safely delivered back home the three or four of said friends who are coming out with us for a birthday treat after school. Dealing with my own child's success or otherwise is one thing, but a table-full of children possibly with varying results would be quite another :roll:
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Tinkus-Pinkus

Post by Tinkus-Pinkus »

I feel so proud of my DD! 2 and a half weeks to go until the test results arrive and last night on the way home in the car she said " you know Mummy, I have learnt loads from the 11 plus. I have learnt to speed up, I have learnt that hard work pays off, and BF said to me today, I never thought I would have a brainbox as a Bf, so it doesn't matter if I pass or not I know that I am clever" amazing what a bit of peer support does for the old self esteem.
So I am adding another suggestion to the list - see if you can get your child's BF to tell them they are a brainbox. :D
mystery

Post by mystery »

:lol: you could bribe the friend with cacao nibs. How do you write with them though?
Amber

Post by Amber »

mystery wrote:you could bribe the friend with cacao nibs.
:lol:
Tinkus-Pinkus

Post by Tinkus-Pinkus »

:lol:
mystery wrote::lol: you could bribe the friend with cacao nibs. How do you write with them though?
poohbear

Post by poohbear »

that's great Tinkus, your dd sounds like a sensible child. My ds has not mentioned it at all for several days ecxcept to ask me why I was still looking at this forum!! :lol:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now