Eleven Plus Results-who knows first?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
2littleboys

Eleven Plus Results-who knows first?

Post by 2littleboys »

Does anyone know if it is true that your child's school (ie Headteacher and form teachers) know the results of the eleven plus before we do?

I have heard this a few times now and am not sure whether it is a myth or not.

I would be very grateful if someone could enlighten me. Also if it is true do you know the reasoning behind it?

Many thanks.
Sally-Anne

Re: Eleven Plus Results-who knows first?

Post by Sally-Anne »

The schools do know the results in advance. They receive them by the close of the school day on Wednesday at the latest, but usually they arrive on Tuesday. The full process is described on pp 34 & 35 of this document.
https://schoolsweb.buckscc.gov.uk/schoo ... R_2013.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think that also answers your question about the reason for the schools being told in advance?

The system for processing the results letters can vary, but usually the Head, or Deputy Head, plus the School Secretary will deal with the administration. Best practice, which I believe is observed in every school where possible, is that as few people as possible will see the results before they are released to parents.

Please note that all of this only applies to Bucks resident children. OoC children receive their results by post, directly from BCC. Until last year they were posted on the published results day, but last year they were posted to arrive on results day.
2littleboys

Post by 2littleboys »

Thank you Sally-Anne, that information is most helpful :)
poohbear

Post by poohbear »

Sally-Anne wrote:The schools do know the results in advance. They receive them by the close of the school day on Wednesday at the latest, but usually they arrive on Tuesday. The full process is described on pp 34 & 35 of this document.
https://schoolsweb.buckscc.gov.uk/schoo ... R_2013.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think that also answers your question about the reason for the schools being told in advance?

The system for processing the results letters can vary, but usually the Head, or Deputy Head, plus the School Secretary will deal with the administration. Best practice, which I believe is observed in every school where possible, is that as few people as possible will see the results before they are released to parents.

Please note that all of this only applies to Bucks resident children. OoC children receive their results by post, directly from BCC. Until last year they were posted on the published results day, but last year they were posted to arrive on results day.

this is obviously from some time ago but is it still the case? or do we have to wait longer? ( we are ooc)