Catchment

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Rob Clark

Re: Catchement

Post by Rob Clark »

Just to add to what scarymum and southbucks3 have said, we live not far from Chesham Grammar and Mrs C occasionally has to work at the Royal Berks Hospital in Reading. In morning traffic this journey can easily take an hour and a half – please don't contemplate making an 11-year-old child do that on a daily basis!
SBUK

Post by SBUK »

HI, My DD has cleared Bucks test & we are planning to move in Burnham before 15th to be in catchment of beaconsfield.
Can someone please tell me what are documents can be accepted as prrof of residence? We are running short of time & we have not finalised house yet. Most probably it will be done on Monday. But School said they need Utility bills as well which seems impossible to get before 15th November. Any help will be appreciated.
dutchman

Post by dutchman »

my dd got above 121 in the bucks test. we live in harrow, can we get into chesham grammar???
Kingfisher

Post by Kingfisher »

Dutchman, you have already asked this elsewhere. Harrow is not in the catchment for any grammar schools although there is a chance that you might be in the outer catchment for Watford Grammar - some postcodes are. You live too far out to be considered for Bucks schools. This means your choice of grammar schools is limited. You will have to look at those which do not apply catchment areas. I do not know enough about the Bucks system to know which they are but you need to do your research and ring the local authority or look on the website.

Best of luck.
scary mum

Re: Catchment

Post by scary mum »

Chesham is likely from Harrow, it is usually "all offered". I presume the journey on the metropolitan line wouldn't be too bad, although I don't know how far it is from the station to the school. This is one of the more reasonable journeys I've heard about!
scary mum
Jpk

Post by Jpk »

trains every 30 minutes, 15 minutes walk from the school to the station. not a particularly pleasant walk, but a very good school. train times more of a problem for after school activities....
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Try the journey start to finish..all three stages, at the same time as your dd would be going, take her with you, watch her reactions etc, then imagine her doing it day in day out. Some kids thrive on the independence of travel, some hate, I used to love buses etc, my sister rarely went further than the local village.
Just remember that for the first few years you are still dealing with someone who probably thinks it is reasonable to throw a hissy when they cannot find their shoes/homework/etc. in the morning, and still go to bed with their comfort toy hidden under their duvet in the evening, they also tire easier than us still. (Assuming they are normal 11/12 year olds)

Good luck, and I hope you and your daughter find a happy outcome.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

The walk from the station up the very steep hill is not one I would put my DS through especially carrying a bag full of books!
HertsQuery

Post by HertsQuery »

Guest55 wrote:The walk from the station up the very steep hill is not one I would put my DS through especially carrying a bag full of books!
I ran up that hill a few times while waiting for ds to sit the test at Chesham. Phew!
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

We like to build our gs on hills...RGS (amersham hill) JH and WH (marlow hill) it gets their blood pumping of a morning. :lol: This is the Chiltern HIlls; we all have extra muscly calves, and learn not to tail gate buses, as part of our driving instruction. (Scary).
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now