12 Plus Dr Challoners High and Chesham Grammar

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mariehello

12 Plus Dr Challoners High and Chesham Grammar

Post by mariehello »

Hello,
I wonder if anyone can help me? My daughter is taking the late transfer test next January, we hope for Dr Challoners High and Chesham Grammar. Does anyone know what the content of their tests will be? Will it be the old VR format that she already took for her 11+ or more like the new style tests?
Any advice will be appreciated!
Sally-Anne

Re: 12 Plus Dr Challoners High and Chesham Grammar

Post by Sally-Anne »

Information about CGS here: http://www.cheshamgrammar.bucks.sch.uk/ ... 202014.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; CEM testing - English, maths and NVR.

DCHS here: http://www.challonershigh.com/_files/8A ... 176C3A.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; English and maths, set in-house.
mariehello

Post by mariehello »

Thank you for the reply. It says Chesham Grammar tests VR and says in brackets 'comprehension etc', so do you think that is the type of VR being tested in the new style 11+ or will they test the old 21 types of VR questions?
mariehello

Post by mariehello »

Sorry I have just re read your post and have seen that you say it's CEM testing.
Rob Clark

Post by Rob Clark »

mariehello, you do know that the chances of getting a place at DCHS post-12+ are vanishingly small, don't you? The school doesn't have spaces, nor does it add an extra class at Y8 as some schools do, so places only really become available if someone leaves.

That's not to say don't do it, but you should be realistic about your DD's chances of getting in to DCHS and consider whether it's worth putting her through the test.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now