Dr. Challoners High

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
avraje

Dr. Challoners High

Post by avraje »

Hi all

I can't seem to spot Dr. Challoners' High in the top 400 state schools 2013 by Telegraph.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/le ... hools.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Am I missing it or is it scoring below the 400? I'd be grateful for help. But in the Times - Good school guide for 2012 it is in Rank 34, which is good.

We are relocating and aiming to settle near the school.

Thanks.
avraje

Re: Dr. Challoners High

Post by avraje »

Telegraph 2013 league tables filtered by Bucks

Times - Good school guide league table 2012 showing Dr. Challoner's High

Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

These tables tend to include schools that send in their results!

On their wesbite it says "The Times 2013 league tables have placed Dr Challoner’s High School as the 25th best state school in the country at GCSE and 22nd at A Level."
avraje

Post by avraje »

Guest55 wrote:These tables tend to include schools that send in their results!

On their wesbite it says "The Times 2013 league tables have placed Dr Challoner’s High School as the 25th best state school in the country at GCSE and 22nd at A Level."
Thank you.

Yes I noticed that in Dr. Challoner's High website too. I can't seem to find 2013 Times League tables though, when I search in their site it only brings up the 2012 one. Have they published it? Thanks
Last edited by avraje on Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

They must have but, as I said, only the schools that send itn results get included so I take little notice of them.

If you are interested in the school then ask for a tour; I believe it is well-regarded locally. Should your daughter not qualify then you are likely to be in the catchment for Amersham School which I am told is good.
avraje

Post by avraje »

Guest55 wrote:They must have but, as I said, only the schools that send itn results get included so I take little notice of them.

If you are interested in the school then ask for a tour; I believe it is well-regarded locally. Should your daughter not qualify then you are likely to be in the catchment for Amersham School which I am told is good.
I have edited my post above slightly :)

Yes, Amersham School would be our option should she not qualify, if all goes well with the house we have sale agreed on, we should be very close as well. :)
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Places in local primary schools may be difficult; what have admissions said?
avraje

Post by avraje »

Guest55 wrote:Places in local primary schools may be difficult; what have admissions said?
I was told I couldn't apply yet.

As we have sold our house in the North, we are going to be renting for now. Got keys for rental house today, moving in on 7th, have asked for council tax bill. When that arrives, I have to apply and they will let me know the situation. Does that sound right or could I have applied even before?

Any realistic chances of getting a place in Little Chalfont Primary or Elangeni?

Thanks a lot for taking your time Guest, totally appreciate your replies :)
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

You could ring the schools on Monday and ask about specific year groups. Admissions can't do anything until you move in.

http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/education/sch ... nOr1FP5C8A" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
avraje

Post by avraje »

Guest55 wrote:You could ring the schools on Monday and ask about specific year groups. Admissions can't do anything until you move in.

http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/education/sch ... nOr1FP5C8A" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ok, I'll ring on Monday and ask for specific class situation :) Few days ago I rang Little Chalfont and ask generally, they said admissions are dealt by the council and I should ring them.

Just in case you know about pass percentages, please can you enlighten me in my other thread :P

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 12&t=35132" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by avraje on Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now