Dr Challoners High vs Beaconsfield High

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now

Dr Challoners High vs Beaconsfield High

Post by Guest »

Bucks CC are advising me to look at schools as I'm moving into the area and will need to complete a Common Application Form. ie put a list of schools in preference order.
Can anyone with girls at Dr Challoners High or Beaconsfield High give me an insight into what the schools are like and really why you would choose one over the other.
I've been told they are both very good schools but any information would be gratefully received.
For example do Dr Challoners High combine with the boys school for any events and do both run instrument tuition during school time?

Many thanks.
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Guest

I cannot comment on either of these two schools, however I would certainly recommend a day time tour of both schools.

As you are coming from out of area your options will be limited due to the fact that allocations have been issued, assuming your child is currently in year 6.

Has your daughter already taken the Bucks 11 plus? Bucks will not accept another authorities 11 plus scores.If she is already of secondary school age has she taken the late transfer test?

Patricia

Post by Guest »

We are being offered dates to sit the Bucks 11+ but I had assumed we would know the outcome before applying for a school or rather being offered one with available places.

It seems however, assuming I have understood the lady at BCC, that like the normal admission applications in October we are likely to have to select the schools we want in order of preference before knowing whether she has passed the 11+ or indeed any spaces exist.

As you can appreciate, being out of county I know very little about the schools - hence my plea for information.
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Guest

Its an age old problem, having to select the schools before the results of the tests are known.

Would recommend a day time visit.

Should you need help with regard to the content of the Bucks 11 plus, just ask away.

Good luck

Patricia
Last edited by patricia on Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mel

Post by Mel »

I can't help I'm afraid - although personal opinion is that the girls from DC look far smarter than BH!!!!!!! LOL

Also it will depend on where you move to as to which catchment area you will be in (if in Beaconsfield you will only have the choice of Beccy High, and they are fit to burst - oversubscribed again this year!!)

Good luck though!!

Mel

Post by Guest »

Dear Patricia and Mel

Thanks for the advise and well wishes.

I will certainly arrange a day-time visit to the schools but as Patricia has already said, I imagine my options will be limited at this stage.

We will just have to wait and see.