getting into bucks grammar school

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

michelle

Post by michelle »

If my daughter passes the bucks eleven plus what chance does she have of getting a place at SBS or Wycombe high if we live out of catchment (Berkshire). :? Would she be wasting her time trying?
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Look at the distances in the booklet -

http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/bcc/content/i ... =987793428

are you nearer than this?

These vary a little each year depending on who reaches qualification, where they live and which schools they are trying for.
michelle

Post by michelle »

We live 6miles from Borlase and 12 miles from Wycombe High.

Do you know of anyone who goes to WH. Are they happy there.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

In the booklet it says:

SWB - some in area to a distance of 3.9999 miles

WHS - all offered

You can't tell what the picture will be - put them down in the order you prefer and hope! You can always go to appeal [if qualifying is achieved] - but remember they will see the order you put the schools at appeal.
hugh

Post by hugh »

Presumably you also need to consider the Berks admission process. If, for example, you put Bucks schools 1st and 2nd choice (but didn't get in), would you have any chance of getting into a decent Berks school if you'd only put it 3rd? (I don't know the answer, and know nothing about Berks, but I suggest you look at their rules and the Berks section of this forum in some detail.)
Good luck
Chez

school place

Post by Chez »

Hi,
We visited WHS twice recently once on my own and once with my daughter. We are 8 miles from it. We were very impressed.
The girls seemed really happy there and motivated to learn. The facilities were excellent and we came away with a very good impression.
They had six English rooms and a brand new library that was very spacious.
It is further away and we have chosen a school six miles away (if my duaghter passes 11+ and we get in), so WHS is our second choice.
I have read that all who applied got into Wycombe High. It is a big school in terms of pupil intake.
All the best!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now