BHS Headteacher Annette France moving on?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

drummer

Re: BHS Headteacher Annette France moving on?

Post by drummer »

Kiwimum wrote:Dd in Year 8 and a complete surprise to us too.
On Cheshire Free Schools FAQs they say they aim to be open September 2016 so perhaps she's not rushing off just yet.
Such a shame for Becky High but having read her profile I can see why they wanted her.
Fingers crossed for a strong replacement.
Well that is good to know, so there is time to find a replacement. Do wish that BHS told us everything up-front. Not doing so reflects very badly on them. Even if she hasn't submitted her resignation, the fact that the appointment was to be publicised should have made them realise that they had no option but to be open.
crecheout

Post by crecheout »

In fairness to the Governors, I understand this is news to them too.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Uh oh :roll: :lol:
scary mum
drummer

Post by drummer »

Perhaps only the Chair was informed? Or possibly nobody at Cheshire Free School told AF that they were going to publicise her appointment in this way, A HT only has to give a term's notice (I think).

Most unfortunate whatever has happened. Though it could make for some good material for lessons in 1) communication and 2) the 'power' of the internet :lol:
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Mrs France has contacted me and asked me to post the following statement on her behalf:
Mrs Annette France wrote:Cheshire Free School

I wish to confirm that I am not intending to leave Beaconsfield High School to become principal of the Cheshire Free School or anywhere else.

I have been working with the group putting together the Free School submission to open this school in 2016 as part of my NLE role. I regret the fact that I have not simply been described as an advisor to this group and I have asked for them to change their website and information accordingly and have now withdrawn all support for this venture.

When I do, eventually, leave this school, I will follow proper protocols and inform my Governors of my intentions first. However, I have no plans or aspirations to take on a fourth headship, but rather I look forwards ultimately to retirement and also spending more time with my family as I move more permanently to this area.

Annette France

Headteacher
Beaconsfield High School
There was a rumour flying round this week that another Bucks Head was leaving, but that also proved to be completely unfounded.

Something in the water in Bucks at present?
drummer

Post by drummer »

Good news indeed!

She must have been cross with CFS :evil:

Thanks to SA for clearing that up
Booklady

Post by Booklady »

Yes - we just received an email (Friday update)from school which says the same! Phew!! :D
Kiwimum

Post by Kiwimum »

Yay!! :D
JHGSBHSMum

Post by JHGSBHSMum »

Received today from Susan Buckingham, Chair of Governors, BHS

I am sorry to tell you that Annette France, our Headteacher, has informed me that she wishes to retire at the end of this academic year. I know that this has not been an easy decision for her, as she is passionate about the school and dedicated to enabling our girls to reach their full potential.

During her time with us, Annette has worked tirelessly for the school and I know that she will continue to do so until her very last day with us. Our steadily improving exam results are testimony to the work she has done to improve teaching and learning and our recent conversion to academy is the result of her considerable management and leadership skills. We will be very sad to see Annette go, but I am confident that in the coming months we will recruit another excellent Headteacher who will continue to take the school forward.

During this time of transition the school is fortunate to have an excellent senior leadership team, including our new Deputy Head, Steve Sinden, and our newly appointed Business Manager, Judy Dean. Annette, the leadership team, and governors will work together to make sure that we appoint the right person as our new Headteacher and to enable a smooth handover at the end of the year. With your continuing support, and our excellent and committed staff, we will ensure that Beaconsfield High School remains the happy and successful school that it is.
drummer

Post by drummer »

Oh dear

When did secondary school applications have to be submitted - will this affect decisions?