Go to navigation
It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:14 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:27 pm 

Hi
my son has got a place at BGS and I'm looking for transport, car share etc from southall. Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:24 am 

Train to Burnham and then walk. Its about 10 mins from the station.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:11 pm 

He cant use public transport that's why I need to find an alternative. I heard that some children use a private minibus/coach?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:19 pm 

sami wrote:
He cant use public transport

May one respectfully enquire why not? Most secondary-age pupils do :).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:14 pm 

He can't use public transport because although he's very bright he has medical issues so if anyone can offer any advice or suggestions I'd be very grateful.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:59 pm 

:oops:

Have you tried asking the school if they would approach parents of children travelling to school from your area? If it's like our secondary schools, 'usual mode of transport?' is one of the questions they ask on the student details form.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:37 am 

Yes, I asked the school but they said they don't get involved with transport side of things. I have been told that their are children who travel in from southall by coach but I don't know the name of the coach company :?:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:36 pm 

Langley Grammar have a coach from southall? If you look on their website it gives a contact number - may be worth having a chat to see if they stop at Burnham too?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:08 pm 

sami wrote:
Yes, I asked the school but they said they don't get involved with transport side of things. I have been told that their are children who travel in from southall by coach but I don't know the name of the coach company :?:

That seems a little mean - you're not asking them actually to sort out transport for you. You'd think it wouldn't hurt to just put a line in their newsletter or something. Hope you get something sorted out soon :)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:33 pm 

Thanks, I agree they could put parents in touch who want to car share or arrange a minibus. I have rang all the numbers on the Langley gs website but no luck. I rang children services for ealing n they said they could help but its not guaranteed I need to make an application I think. It would be better if I could arrange something myself, at least then I know for sure. And here I was thinking passing the 11+ was the biggest hurdle!! :lol: