Transport to burnham grammar school from southall

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

sami

Transport to burnham grammar school from southall

Post by sami »

Hi
my son has got a place at BGS and I'm looking for transport, car share etc from southall. Thanks.
Booklady

Re: Transport to burnham grammar school from southall

Post by Booklady »

Train to Burnham and then walk. Its about 10 mins from the station.
sami

Post by sami »

He cant use public transport that's why I need to find an alternative. I heard that some children use a private minibus/coach?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

sami wrote:He cant use public transport
May one respectfully enquire why not? Most secondary-age pupils do :).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
sami

Post by sami »

He can't use public transport because although he's very bright he has medical issues so if anyone can offer any advice or suggestions I'd be very grateful.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

:oops:

Have you tried asking the school if they would approach parents of children travelling to school from your area? If it's like our secondary schools, 'usual mode of transport?' is one of the questions they ask on the student details form.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
sami

Post by sami »

Yes, I asked the school but they said they don't get involved with transport side of things. I have been told that their are children who travel in from southall by coach but I don't know the name of the coach company :?:
asdguest

Post by asdguest »

Langley Grammar have a coach from southall? If you look on their website it gives a contact number - may be worth having a chat to see if they stop at Burnham too?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

sami wrote:Yes, I asked the school but they said they don't get involved with transport side of things. I have been told that their are children who travel in from southall by coach but I don't know the name of the coach company :?:
That seems a little mean - you're not asking them actually to sort out transport for you. You'd think it wouldn't hurt to just put a line in their newsletter or something. Hope you get something sorted out soon :)
sami

Post by sami »

Thanks, I agree they could put parents in touch who want to car share or arrange a minibus. I have rang all the numbers on the Langley gs website but no luck. I rang children services for ealing n they said they could help but its not guaranteed I need to make an application I think. It would be better if I could arrange something myself, at least then I know for sure. And here I was thinking passing the 11+ was the biggest hurdle!! :lol:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now