11 plus test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

chez- same one as before!

11+

Post by chez- same one as before! »

Hi,

My daughter got secure level 5 in English, secure level 4 maths approaching level 5.
She has a great range of vocab and is ahead in her knowledge of words and vocab than the rest of her class according to her teacher and her English work is always outstanding and way above the others.
Maths she struggles with more but is still doing great. it just doesn't come as easily to her as English.
My 8 yr old son is the same, he is great at reading, spelling and words but not so good at maths. My husband has a natrual flair with figures as he is an accountant so he gets frustrated with my son!

Your son sounds as if he has a suportive mum who encourages his learning and developement and this will give him a great head start in the 11+ and in life in general.
I hope he does well. All credit to you! :D

Post by Guest »

hi chez,
thanks for your kind words and encouragement. yes i am one of those lucky mothers who is blessed with a very bright child. i used to sit with him and do maths till year3 in yr3 he got level 3A (and in year4 4A and then big jump inyr5 with 5B)and then everything just changed when i had another little one. so after yr3 he did everything on his own as you can guess my english is not very good so he didn't get any help from me in english especially. i must say in yr4 he started going to KUMON for maths which contributed a lot as it has improved his concentration, speed and ability. he is still going for it and recently got in G-League(i think at Kumon they call it genius league). i am very proud of him and already told him that all he needs to do is just try his best then if he doesn't make it even then i am going to be very proud of him. oh not to forget yes i am a strict mother (although it doesn't work every time and with little one not at all). thanks for reading and all your help.
chez (the same as before)

11+

Post by chez (the same as before) »

That's the best advice we can give as mothers is to do your best!
Let me know how he gets on when the results come.
He'll do well where ever he goes if he is bright and motivated to learn.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Sorry if it is OT, but Chez, why do you now sign as 'chez (the same as before)' and is it you who have signed in as registered user 'Chez'?
I am getting very confused as to who is who now...
chez the same as before

confused about my name!!

Post by chez the same as before »

Hi,
Yes I am confused too! I was signed up as a guest under the name chez but when i went to register it said the name was taken which must have been me.

It won't allow me to post under chez now so not sure what to do!!

Any advice please welcome.

I would like to change myself back to Chez or even Chez17 or something like this!
:?
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Chez, I am now even more confused. Did you register as Chez yesterday? If you did and you can't login, you may not be remembering your password accurately. You can have it reset. Click forgotten password? and follow the instructions.
If you have not registered, then someone else has strangely registered as Chez, so you need to adopt a new name like Chez17.

Catherine
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Chez & Catherine

I think I have figured this out. Chez, I am assuming that you have registered on the Forum, as your entry on the memberlist certainly looks genuine.

What I think is happening is that you are trying to post on the Forum as Chez, but without logging in first. Once a user-name has been registered the system will not allow you to post as Guest "Chez" any longer, only as logged-in Member Chez. That obviously prevents any number of different people posting as "Chez" - or "Sally-Anne" for that matter!

All you need to do is log in each visit - it is made easy for you if you check the box next to the login which says "Log me in automatically each time I visit".

Best wishes
Sally-Anne

P.S. Chez - just re-read your post. As you are now registered, you never need to go near the Register button again - you only need "log in" from now on - that may also be confusing you! :D
chez

no longer a confused chez!!

Post by chez »

Thanks - i obviously haven't been logging in - durrrr!!
Too much 11+... must have got to me!!
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Yee-hah - well done Chez! :lol:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now