Test Score

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

kittymum

Test Score

Post by kittymum »

Purely out of interest are the Bucks grammars / uppers given pupils 11+ results along with SATS / CATS and so on?
Booklady

Re: Test Score

Post by Booklady »

In Bucks the score is irrelevant once you have scored 121 or over to qualify, or been deemed qualified through review/appeal. It doesn't matter if you have 121 or 141 - and no distinction is made between them.
I can't imagine the schools would be given the score therefore.
The schools generally do their own assessments in the first few weeks and base targets etc off them.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Yes we do get the 11+ score or have up to now ...

The KS2 test score tell me more than the 'old' VR did ...
kittymum

Post by kittymum »

Booklady wrote:In Bucks the score is irrelevant once you have scored 121 or over to qualify, or been deemed qualified through review/appeal. It doesn't matter if you have 121 or 141 - and no distinction is made between them.
I can't imagine the schools would be given the score therefore.
The schools generally do their own assessments in the first few weeks and base targets etc off them.
Hi

I understand totally about the Bucks system re qualification, it was purely an out of interest question - so much stuff is sent to secondary schools from primaries (or certainly it is at the OOC school I work in) I was just wondering purely out of interest whether the score fizzled into the ether or not.

I've always wondered why qualified pupils were actually given a score too rather then just been declared qualified.
kittymum

Post by kittymum »

Guest55 wrote:Yes we do get the 11+ score or have up to now ...

Thank you. As I say it's purely out of interest and something I was musing over at work today ...
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Guest55 wrote:Yes we do get the 11+ score or have up to now ...

What about the new 11+ score? We found the breakdown across VR, NVR and Maths quite useful.
Marylou
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now