Anyone know the highest score in last year's Bucks 11+ test?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
southbucks3

Re: Anyone know the highest score in last year's Bucks 11+ t

Post by southbucks3 »

avraje wrote:
southbucks3 wrote:Well avraje, mine got 199. :mrgreen:
Honestly, few know or care what others scores were, we all just say passed or didn't. From now on its how they get on in secondary school that matters, whether upper or gs.
Really? Wow brilliant.

Any tips & tricks please? This site is full of info but still :D

No...not really! He got 114! He will still be going to grammar school though. His big brother sat the old test and got nearly full marks, but I am equally proud of them!

Hints and tips are that you should be proud of your child, whatever they achieve if they willingly took the horrible test.
I know children who have just received a full set of level 5 sats, that work hard at school and are a delight to be in a classroom with, who scored below 100. For some children the speed required is just a total block, but they still ploughed through and didn't start making a fuss in the test. I also know children who have been force fed synonyms and antonyms since they were in year 3 (they were on the old test too) who have no idea how to use them in context, but got high scores in the test.
Obviously try and help your dc achieve what they want, but don't be fooled into thinking that a high test score means any child is the bees knees. Some with high scores are naturally hugely intelligent and hard working, some have had the benefit of exclusive primary education, lots of tuition (either parent or professional) and have sacrificed all play time during their summer break, but would probably have got 121 anyway with a lot less pressure. They are all brilliant in different ways. Until/unless the bucks grammar academies introduce ranking, any score above 121 means they have the automatic right to be educated in a bucks grammar somewhere in the broad area they live, that is the only relevant score.
bucksdad8623

Post by bucksdad8623 »

I requested and received a score distribution chart from BCC as part of our recent 11+ appeal. One child did score 199 with 3 getting in the low 190's. But really it deosn't matter, 121 is the only score you need worry about.
avraje

Post by avraje »

southbucks3 wrote:
avraje wrote:
southbucks3 wrote:Well avraje, mine got 199. :mrgreen:
Honestly, few know or care what others scores were, we all just say passed or didn't. From now on its how they get on in secondary school that matters, whether upper or gs.
Really? Wow brilliant.

Any tips & tricks please? This site is full of info but still :D

No...not really! He got 114! He will still be going to grammar school though. His big brother sat the old test and got nearly full marks, but I am equally proud of them!

Hints and tips are that you should be proud of your child, whatever they achieve if they willingly took the horrible test.
I know children who have just received a full set of level 5 sats, that work hard at school and are a delight to be in a classroom with, who scored below 100. For some children the speed required is just a total block, but they still ploughed through and didn't start making a fuss in the test. I also know children who have been force fed synonyms and antonyms since they were in year 3 (they were on the old test too) who have no idea how to use them in context, but got high scores in the test.
Obviously try and help your dc achieve what they want, but don't be fooled into thinking that a high test score means any child is the bees knees. Some with high scores are naturally hugely intelligent and hard working, some have had the benefit of exclusive primary education, lots of tuition (either parent or professional) and have sacrificed all play time during their summer break, but would probably have got 121 anyway with a lot less pressure. They are all brilliant in different ways. Until/unless the bucks grammar academies introduce ranking, any score above 121 means they have the automatic right to be educated in a bucks grammar somewhere in the broad area they live, that is the only relevant score.
Thank you, totally agree.
avraje

Post by avraje »

bucksdad8623 wrote:I requested and received a score distribution chart from BCC as part of our recent 11+ appeal. One child did score 199 with 3 getting in the low 190's. But really it deosn't matter, 121 is the only score you need worry about.
Thank you bucksdad, this is exactly I was looking for, appreciate it.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now