Two Questions

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
abc72

Two Questions

Post by abc72 »

Please would some one in the forum know the answer to these?

1. The practice test on 9th September and real test on 11th September, for Bucks Transfer test - what sort of time do they take place? I understand both the 45 minutes test happen one after the other with 15 minutes break, but do they happen only in the morning or is it likely for an afternoon session too?

2. Are the children in MK allowed to sit the test of the two independent schools in Northampton - Pitsford School and St. Peter's Independent school? I heard theirs is the same as Bucks preparation - same curriculum areas, so was wondering if it's worth a try. Any past papers available, anyone know? Any one has any idea of how good these schools are?

Thanks.
Marylou

Re: Two Questions

Post by Marylou »

abc72 wrote:Please would some one in the forum know the answer to these?

1. The practice test on 9th September and real test on 11th September, for Bucks Transfer test - what sort of time do they take place? I understand both the 45 minutes test happen one after the other with 15 minutes break, but do they happen only in the morning or is it likely for an afternoon session too?
Last year grammar schools ran test sessions both morning and afternoon for OOC applicants.
abc72 wrote:2. Are the children in MK allowed to sit the test of the two independent schools in Northampton - Pitsford School and St. Peter's Independent school?
Can't see why not? Does St. Peter's even have an entrance exam? There's nothing about it on the school website.
abc72 wrote:I heard theirs is the same as Bucks preparation - same curriculum areas, so was wondering if it's worth a try. Any past papers available, anyone know? Any one has any idea of how good these schools are?
I remember Pitsford being quite highly thought-of in the days when it was Northamptonshire Grammar. It may still be for all I know, but I no longer know anyone who goes there so can't really comment on the current situation. The entrance exam is in November, and I doubt it would be exactly the same as the Bucks one (though I suspect administered by CEM on the basis of your comments.)
Marylou