RESULTS DAY 17TH OCTOBER: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

KS10

Re: RESULTS DAY 17TH OCTOBER: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Post by KS10 »

Congratulations youngest SB x x x
HalsGal

Post by HalsGal »

:D DS passed!!!

Well done to all those who passed and commiserations to those that didn't and good luck with any appeals.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

:D congratulations!
Did you pass though, or did you get 102. :lol:
HalsGal

Post by HalsGal »

Is that to me southbucks3? :?

We're in county too by the way. Would have posted yesterday after school but too busy getting over the shock with large glasses of wine! :lol:
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Rob Clark wrote:
Son number three now predictably panicking about going to grammar school and homework and his bruvs are arguing about which one he should join
Fantastic news, well done SB33.

The only thing I am not clear on is whether his older brothers are arging that they DO want him at their school or that they DON'T :lol:

Congratulations to all who are hearing good news. For those who are disappointed, we have – had, to be precise – one at GS and one not and I can offer reassurance that the latter's life chances have not been ruined at upper school :D
Well said Rob.

To all those receiving good news great that you can finally relax and enjoy your weekend, for those that haven't not all DC who go to Grammar have a wonderful experience and do well there. Hard work pays dividends and is the key to success which ever school DC attends. :)
harrowboy

Post by harrowboy »

My friend's son got [score removed] bucks lived in Northolt. What are the chances of getting into the schools in bucks where he can get away with the cathment area ristrictions.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

harrowboy wrote:My friend's son got [score removed] bucks lived in Northolt. What are the chances of getting into the schools in bucks where he can get away with the cathment area ristrictions.
It might help you to read the first post in this thread. It contains the previous allocations for all schools, as well as an instruction not to post scores.
scary mum
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

HalsGal wrote:Is that to me southbucks3? :?

We're in county too by the way. Would have posted yesterday after school but too busy getting over the shock with large glasses of wine! :lol:

I thought you posted before that you had a nightmare where your son passed and you got 102?

I may have remembered wrong, I remember laughing.?

Genuine congratulations were being sent honestly. :D
fadinghopes

Post by fadinghopes »

Really relieved my DD passed as we had a stressful summer with serious illness in the family. May be of interest to those who haven't gone through it yet that you can pass even if you fail one component (as in our case)
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

We can second the above. :D

I would also like to say a big thank you to all the lovely words of encouragement for ds3. We are of course thrilled, shocked but thrilled. We have always always told him he is clever, he shows us that every day, but he simply prefers to learn in other ways than at a desk. Our own little Gerard Durrell.

We and he are a bit worried he will cope, but if he can pass the test and be such a natural whizz at nvr, as I have always said, then he obviously has it in him to do well, so we shall give it a whirl and hopefully his bruvs will help him too.
He is always very good at school despite hating being nailed to a chair, so as long as he can get used to homework eating into allotment and woodland time (we cannot ever see him giving those hobbies up, they are his "sport") he will avoid detentions.
I will take year six to help his brilliant teachers prepare him of course, and try and keep the little wiggler still long enough to find out why he cannot spell and how to help him.
The 11+ result will hopefully help the maths confidence issues! :D although I expect I will still see an occasional tear.

Once again a big thank you, I am really moved by all your support and thrilled to prove that occasionally the cem test does seem to pick a child who is bright in different ways than you would expect to succeed in a lengthy written test.

After he sat his year four cat test and aced it and his teacher looked at us and said, "I think ****** is having us on" We both said we knew he was.... :lol: looks like he continues to do so!

Good luck to all those with reviews and apoeals, having freshly been there done that, I will always be a tolerant sounding board if you need. Ds2 predictably doing really well at school in most subjects and sport, so it's worth pursuing.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now