Bucks Selection Review success rates 2013 & 2014

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
dino2003

Re: Bucks Selection Review success rates 2013 & 2014

Post by dino2003 »

If its true then......:((((
I think I will waste my time for selection review.
I don't have a single good high school in my area. How unfortunate.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

dino2003 - you could wait for an appeal and hope the writing level improves?

Review panels will want to see 3 level 5s predicted unless you have other evidence to balance the writing.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Unless you try for an appeal you will not be satisfied dino.
The sats only account for a small proportion of the review or appeal process, but it did seem that the closer to level 5 in year 5, the better the chances of success at review. They had a tick box last year for children they deemed would achieve level 5 on leaving school, some people reported it was not ticked when year 5 grades fell below level 4a. :? Yes I know two sub levels per year is the norm, but that's not what the review panels thought.
Cats, teacher recommendations and most importantly the nearer the score was to 121 seems to account for a lot as well. You do need to sort out the writing though, not just for the appeal but for his future success at any school. Writing is hard and normally the last thing to be conquered by boys at primary, he needs lots of positive encouragement from his teacher.

Would you mind saying where abouts you are in the area, surely all the uppers can't be bad news? :? Can your dc access one of the better uppers by bus?
dino2003

Post by dino2003 »

My husband suggest the same that till appeal he will definitely improve in his writing.
I am working on it and he is a quick picker and intelligent.
He recently been selected as a house captain as he wrote a beautiful letter to headteacher. Can I attach that letter.
Else I don't have any proof to show.
I still believe his teacher is a bit unfair in assessing his writing work as his body language was very unsupportive. Aa he was very reluctant from the start to fill the form. His math teacher is a different teacher. South bucks3 We lived in West London close to Uxbridge.
Rags

Post by Rags »

Dino

2:2 is still recommendation for GS - without reservation. And 117 isn't that far off, bearing in mind the greater spread of possible marks from the new exam.

Whether you choose to go for review or appeal, I would hope you're not too disheartened - according to the statistics, there's a good chance of success.

Sorry the school doesn't seem to be universally supportive.

Good luck with it, whichever way you go.
HT1

Post by HT1 »

Do you have the selection review stats for 2015 admission? Just preparing my daughter's case and for submission and would be good to get an idea on how optimistic I should be :D
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... eous#e29f4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Unfortunately the odds of success are going in a downward direction :(