Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:08 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Online application help
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:47 pm
Posts: 49
Hi
My DS passed and we are in catchment for his preferred GS. I understand from their admission policy that priority is given to either looked after or previously looked after children but cannot see anywhere on the application to provide this information. Can anyone steer me in the right direction please?

Many thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:51 am
Posts: 8112
I'm not sure but sometimes there is a box for you to say if there are specific reasons why you want a school - or maybe it would be worth phoning the admissions dept to check, am sure they would know


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:04 pm
Posts: 47
If your child passed the 11+ test and if you live 1.3 miles straight line distance from your preferred grammar school, can you just put that school in the CAF form and leave it?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:10 pm
Posts: 51
Location: Bucks
Dibsie wrote:
Hi
My DS passed and we are in catchment for his preferred GS. I understand from their admission policy that priority is given to either looked after or previously looked after children but cannot see anywhere on the application to provide this information. Can anyone steer me in the right direction please?

Many thanks


I noted when we completed the CAF and I printed out my application (the print out can be done at any stage) there were details about address evidence and supplementary forms on the print out, try printing out your CAF and see if that helps.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:47 pm
Posts: 49
avraje wrote:
If your child passed the 11+ test and if you live 1.3 miles straight line distance from your preferred grammar school, can you just put that school in the CAF form and leave it?


Our nearest grammar schools are both further away than that, I'm afraid. Plus, in the highly likely event of his preferred school being oversubscribed, distance is last on their criteria list.

I will see what happens when I print the CAF out.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:04 pm
Posts: 47
Dibsie wrote:
avraje wrote:
If your child passed the 11+ test and if you live 1.3 miles straight line distance from your preferred grammar school, can you just put that school in the CAF form and leave it?


Our nearest grammar schools are both further away than that, I'm afraid. Plus, in the highly likely event of his preferred school being oversubscribed, distance is last on their criteria list.

I will see what happens when I print the CAF out.


Haha sorry, that was my question which I added as the title of the thread was appropriate. Think I didn't word it properly. Basically DD passed the test and we live 1.3 miles away from the grammar school we prefer. I was wondering if I can just put the one school in the CAF form. Better I start a separate thread? :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:47 pm
Posts: 49
avraje wrote:
Dibsie wrote:
avraje wrote:
If your child passed the 11+ test and if you live 1.3 miles straight line distance from your preferred grammar school, can you just put that school in the CAF form and leave it?


Our nearest grammar schools are both further away than that, I'm afraid. Plus, in the highly likely event of his preferred school being oversubscribed, distance is last on their criteria list.

I will see what happens when I print the CAF out.


Haha sorry, that was my question which I added as the title of the thread was appropriate. Think I didn't word it properly. Basically DD passed the test and we live 1.3 miles away from the grammar school we prefer. I was wondering if I can just put the one school in the CAF form. Better I start a separate thread? :)


Probably me not reading properly too! Sorry, this is our first time so am not an expert. I thought it would all get easier once we had the results but apparently not. Have been reading about transport today which, given that I don't drive, is just another thing to stress about!

Good luck with your application


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:47 pm
Posts: 49
SIT wrote:
Dibsie wrote:
Hi
My DS passed and we are in catchment for his preferred GS. I understand from their admission policy that priority is given to either looked after or previously looked after children but cannot see anywhere on the application to provide this information. Can anyone steer me in the right direction please?

Many thanks


I noted when we completed the CAF and I printed out my application (the print out can be done at any stage) there were details about address evidence and supplementary forms on the print out, try printing out your CAF and see if that helps.


Thank you


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
CALL 020 8204 5060
   
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2016