Go to navigation
It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:53 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:21 pm
Posts: 11952
http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/education/sch ... dure-2015/

See updated details of late transfer procedure. If you are unsure then it is possible to register and withdraw later.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:10 pm
Posts: 8206
Location: Buckinghamshire
Thanks, G55. I have made this into a Sticky for the time being to keep it at the top of the forum.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:42 am
Posts: 110
Fascinating that AHS and AGS are this year going with BCC administering the test.

Last year my DD took 12+ and I made the choice not to do 2 tests (Floyd & AHS) but just the one for Floyd as I felt it was not fair to put her through two tests.

Makes much more sense to have 1 test. And it's 2 months later as well.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:06 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:40 pm
Posts: 11
ConfusedAylesburyMum wrote:
Fascinating that AHS and AGS are this year going with BCC administering the test.

Last year my DD took 12+ and I made the choice not to do 2 tests (Floyd & AHS) but just the one for Floyd as I felt it was not fair to put her through two tests.

Makes much more sense to have 1 test. And it's 2 months later as well.



Hi, I am considering the 12+ for Floyd for my DS - What kind of preparation did you do with her? And what kind of test was it? Were places given to anyone who passed in catchment? Thank toy in advance…. quite lost with it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:21 pm
Posts: 11952
Hello - if you scroll right down the page it will tell you how many places were allocated. The Floyd added an extra class in Year 8 for this current year.

I understand there are only four classes in Year 7 so there are a number of vacancies.

Others will help with prep as I think it is a CEM test now.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:26 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:40 pm
Posts: 11
Guest55 wrote:
Hello - if you scroll right down the page it will tell you how many places were allocated. The Floyd added an extra class in Year 8 for this current year.

I understand there are only four classes in Year 7 so there are a number of vacancies.

Others will help with prep as I think it is a CEM test now.



Wow, a whole class, seems promising as places go. Thank you…. scroll down what page? sorry :?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:21 pm
Posts: 11952
Scroll down on the link I gave above.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:40 pm
Posts: 11
beth1955 wrote:
Guest55 wrote:
Hello - if you scroll right down the page it will tell you how many places were allocated. The Floyd added an extra class in Year 8 for this current year.

I understand there are only four classes in Year 7 so there are a number of vacancies.

Others will help with prep as I think it is a CEM test now.



Wow, a whole class, seems promising as places go. Thank you…. scroll down what page? sorry :?



Found it!! Thank you. So def worth HF…. Now to find out about the testing.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:42 am
Posts: 110
Last year it was CEM exactly the same as the new 11+.

My daughter had about 6 weeks of 1:1's but we didn't do anything else - no homework or going through any books. At was just about showing her what was needed in the test.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:40 pm
Posts: 11
ConfusedAylesburyMum wrote:
Last year it was CEM exactly the same as the new 11+.

My daughter had about 6 weeks of 1:1's but we didn't do anything else - no homework or going through any books. At was just about showing her what was needed in the test.



I assume harder though? But I guess the extra year gives them maturity….


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
CALL 020 8204 5060
   
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2016