Pass Rates by Bucks LA Schools

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
drummer

Re: Pass Rates by Bucks LA Schools

Post by drummer »

Thanks

Can you link to the page it is on please (as opposed to directly to the pdf)

It it available as an excel file or other spreadsheet?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Bottom of the page: http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/education/sch ... olicy-hub/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The files are all PDFs.

Beware when trying to convert PDFs to spread sheets - there are some rogue programmes out there.
Rags

Post by Rags »

With so many of the relevant stats being masked with <5 its value is not quite what it might be. Ahh well.

Thanks.
LeprechaunQueen

Post by LeprechaunQueen »

Very sobering, especially http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/media/2651976 ... ifiers.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shows 29% of the Bucks cohort qualifying, compared to some boroughs at up to 68%.
drummer

Post by drummer »

You can't compare the cohorts because the Bucks cohort are opt-out (ie it is presumed that a Bucks child will take the test) while the OOC are opt-in and will be a more academically selective cohort.

What it can indicate is the relatively higher caliber of the OOC candidates opting in (at some considerable effort) to take the test
jabba7

Post by jabba7 »

It's great that this data has been published at last :D

The 2015 spreadsheet states 2783 children have qualified before appeal but many of these seem to come from far afield.

Can someone remind me how many grammar school places there are overall available in Bucks. I'm assuming for those going to appeal that if the figure is higher re number of available places it gives people a better chance as the schools will want to fill up :D

Also it is probably safe based on last year to assume that lots of those who have passed will not apply for a Bucks school, I wonder what percentage that might be of the 2783 that have qualified.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Fascinating - far more likely to qualify if you live in Chiltern or South Bucks, particulary compared to Aylesbury :(. No change there the, I guess. What has changing to CEM really achieved, I wonder?
scary mum
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

jabba7 wrote:Can someone remind me how many grammar school places there are overall available in Bucks.
I'm assuming for those going to appeal that if the figure is higher re number of available places it gives people a better chance as the schools will want to fill up :D
Appeals/Reviews should be decided on the merits of each individual case, and not because there are available places.
Also it is probably safe based on last year to assume that lots of those who have passed will not apply for a Bucks school, I wonder what percentage that might be of the 2783 that have qualified.
Last year 433 qualified pupils did not name a Bucks GS as a first preference, even though they knew they had qualified. That equates to 17% of the total qualified (121 or more) cohort.
drummer

Post by drummer »

scary mum wrote:Fascinating - far more likely to qualify if you live in Chiltern or South Bucks, particulary compared to Aylesbury :(. No change there the, I guess. What has changing to CEM really achieved, I wonder?
Though South Bucks has the highest rate for withdrawing children from the test so the average ability of those who actually take the test is probably a bit higher than areas where fewer children opt out (assuming that MOST who opt out are probably at the lower end of the ability range)
drummer

Post by drummer »

Sally-Anne wrote: Last year 433 qualified pupils did not name a Bucks GS as a first preference, even though they knew they had qualified. That equates to 17% of the total qualified (121 or more) cohort.
Do you know how many of these were OOC? Presumably most were but I also know that in some areas a few Bucks children might qualify but prefer a school in a neighbouring county.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now