Any known places for a girl in year 4 near Amersham (indep)?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
C13

Any known places for a girl in year 4 near Amersham (indep)?

Post by C13 »

We currently live overseas but plan to move back to Bucks in the summer. We are struggling to find a place for our daughter who is currently in year 4 (i.e. for a Year 5 start). We already know our village school is full so have begun looking at independent schools, either girls or mixed, but are struggling for information. It seems that we can never know if there is an opening unless we apply to the school, which costs at least 50 pounds a pop. With 3 children to place but with this age group the most difficult, I was wondering if anyone would be able to share any information on known openings in a school. Your help is truly appreciated. Thank you so much in advance.
Guest55

Re: Any known places for a girl in year 4 near Amersham (ind

Post by Guest55 »

I find it hard to believe there is not one place in any state school near Amersham. You can't apply until you are back so that is probably the issue, as a place can't be held.

There are lots of good schools including St Mary's CE, Elengani, Little Chalfont, Chalfont St Giles, St Josephs and Chalfont St Peter; several of these had places in January ... some locals may know of others.