15 Dec Help!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Guest55

Re: 15 Dec Help!

Post by Guest55 »

Is the family a service family? I've not seen OP confirm that - only other posters speculation.
Lastminute.com

Post by Lastminute.com »

We have been doing lots of research and my brain now feels like it might explode. I feel sorry for the lady at Bucks we have just sent a long email to!

If our appeals fail Beaconsfield HS definitely seems like a good option, the only problem being transport, as we have a younger daughter to drop off elsewhere and I am pretty sure there isn't transport. Does anyone know if there are spaces in yr 7? ( in email to Bucks as well, but I'm impatient!)

We are finding this process extremely difficult as we may be required by "the system" to come back to the UK 6 times in 3 months which is pretty much impossible for various reasons. That's not a shot at Bucks CC as they have been very helpful but the system doesn't cater for those out of the country and is clearly far too long winded to be done in the week between arriving in the country and needing to start school.

Thanks again for all the advice.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Bucks view is any school place is OK so they will find you somewhere but it may not be a school you would chose.

I don't think Bucks is any worse than anywhere else to be honest.
Lastminute.com

Post by Lastminute.com »

To be honest our main problem is that we don't have the faintest idea what our chances are at appeal - the vibes I get from the various forums (fora?!) are "not a hope, especially at SWB" but I could be completely wrong. Perhaps we are worrying needlessly and it will all be fine, but everyone on this forum knows what it is like when it is your child and it isn't certain. In my wife's words "It's a ****** nightmare!" :shock: :D

We have been in this situation once before and the LA (and school) were very good. Although the school automatically said no as it was >30, they didn't really create any argument at appeal.