12+

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Dollydripmat

Re: 12+

Post by Dollydripmat »

Fingers crossed for you both, dolly ****
Eccentric

Post by Eccentric »

Thank you all for your support, this site is great.
Kata girl

Post by Kata girl »

Thanks Dolly x
Kata girl

Post by Kata girl »

Hello everyone. Great news for us - our daughter passed the 12 + :)
We are just delighted that she worked so hard (most of the time apart from the odd meltdown !) to achieve her goal and achieved it.
In a week or so I will post some thoughts of where she improved having achieved a really low 11 + score in case that will help anyone. I won't do it today as we are well aware that there are some children and parents struggling with disappointment. Hopefully the disappointment is just a temporary setback on the path to your goal. Good luck ! Congratulations to other children who passed the Bucks 12+ this week. :)
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Brilliant news - so pleased for her (and you as well!).

Enjoy the Easter holiday ...
Kata girl

Post by Kata girl »

Thanks Guest55 and also to all you other helpful eleven plusers - all contributions have been appreciated and welcome. Sally-Anne should also get a virtual hug for answering so quickly when I suddenly had a panic 3 days before the test and she answered personally within minutes.
Yes Easter will be stress free for sure :)
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Kata girl wrote:Sally-Anne should also get a virtual hug for answering so quickly when I suddenly had a panic 3 days before the test and she answered personally within minutes.
I flew in on my broomstick. :wink:

A virtual hug to your DD for qualifying! Excellent news.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Congratulations to both you and DD :)

Tips could be helpful as we haven't ruled out 13+ for one of ours.
Eccentric

Post by Eccentric »

A big congratulations to Kata girls daughter. I am afraid it was not such good news for mine she got 117. I am going to appeal though as she was not given any concession for her post concussion syndrome, even though I asked. The PCS causes her to be unable to use screens for any longer than about 10 minutes without developing headaches and not being able to see properly. Under the circumstances I actually think she did very well. I think we have some pretty good evidence to show that she would stand her own at a GS. She is hitting all (or above) the AHS targets for end of year 7 except french which seems to be capped and she gets the highest marks that are possible 100% in every test (I am going to investigate why), in that she seems to be a whole level below expected targets at AHS. I would be grateful of some help with the appeal from you lovely people. We are on holiday for 2 weeks and then I will concentrate on pulling stuff together.
Happy Easter to everyone for next week. I will not be around to post then.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Sorry to hear your news Eccentric and all the best with appealing.

Re French are you comparing her levels to those of her other subjects? The reason I ask is that the second language they pick up at secondary will invariably be lower. Whilst my son is getting an excellent French level, the highest in the class, it is still not equal to his other subjects despite having been taught in French for a couple of years. I really wouldn't worry about the French level for appeal purposes if she is scoring highly in her tests.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now