Review results 2015 - general discussion

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Rosato1

Re: And the countdown begins.....

Post by Rosato1 »

Hi
I'm still waiting for the post to arrive!!this is worse than torture...have tried to keep busy but nothing seems to work.It feels like this waiting game has been going on forever!! I must say having this forum to air my thoughts and reading other peoples post who have been in the same situation, has help enormously :) :)
heartmum

Post by heartmum »

Not good news for us :( DC very upset ... we will be trying the appeal as the decision of the panel, we feel, was due to the fact that DC is L5s in two areas (4a+ in the other - always a worry at the back of my mind). Ironically older DC was a 4a in same area at end end of Y6 but as DC qualified outright didn't have to prove ability. DC is now flying in this area after just one year at Grammar! :roll:

Will be looking at appeal .. but when do we find out about how to do this (this review/appeal is all new to us)?

Etienne/Sally-Anne have sent a PM about something we found out last week about DC.
Heartmum x x x
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

You can appeal once you get the school allocation on March 2nd.

However, use the time well to gather more information and support for your case.

Sorry to hear disappointing news :(
dino2003

Post by dino2003 »

Still waiting for the post.....my son got 117.....fingers crossed.....
MamaBear

Post by MamaBear »

sorry to hear your news heartmum, we are in the same boat. I didn't tell ds2 about the letter coming so he is blissfully unaware, anyway onwards and upwards...

guest55 what kind of information can we provide for the appeal as we have a homeschooled son. Will English and Math work from his tutor suffice. The selection review panel disregarded our ed psych assessment (which I think is grounds to show it wasn't FCO).
No primary school will allow ds2 to sit the SATS this year as he is homeschooled...it seems if you don't have the levels they don't recognise anything else as a reflection of academic aptitude.
Thank you g55 in advance.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

KS2 tests taken under timed conditions?

Levelled work

The Ed Psych report - not sure WHAT their comment means ...
BucksMum02

Post by BucksMum02 »

Still waiting here folks. Great news Rags! Well done to you and yours. I've been trying to find your 'story' on here - would be great to know scores and circumstances if that's not rude!!! So sorry Booklady. This is one long , exhausting journey. I'm trying so hard to be philosophical - but my darn emotions just keep getting in the way! Don't know if anyone else thinks posting 11+ result plus review result would be helpful?
Rags

Post by Rags »

BucksMum02 wrote:Great news Rags! Well done to you and yours. I've been trying to find your 'story' on here - would be great to know scores and circumstances if that's not rude!!!
Thanks. We're very pleased, of course. (Although it is, naturally tinged with sadness for those who have not had the news they were hoping for.)

My original post is here, on Booklady's thread:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 90#p475890

Our situations were almost identical, down to the same score (117) and almost identical headteacher's recommendations.

For some reason, despite excellent reading and good non-verbal scores, something went wrong with the maths, and she dipped below the pass mark overall. We had no extenuating circumstances, and no way to explain the maths result. The headteacher's additional information was glowing, and stated that the maths score did not reflect her ability, as well as noting and praising her other attributes.
We included her year 5 report in the submission (which was very good, and included her own write-up of the year.)

Overall, I think the headteacher's report is mostly what matters. It couldn't have been more positive.

I don't know why this one was successful when other, near identical ones, were not.
BucksMum02

Post by BucksMum02 »

Thanks Rags - sounds like a no brainier to me - and thanks for your reply. I'm going on a postie-hunt in a mo!!!!

Our score was 104. 2:3 recommendation and no ht support...Don't laugh!!! One person won an appeal once on that :-)! We do have very good extenuating circumstances but v personal so can't expand. As you can imagine - we are 'hoping for the best and expecting the worst'.

Cheers with a virtual glass of Champers for you.. And...relax...
Booklady

Post by Booklady »

Yes - we had predicted 6c/5a; 5b, 5c, a 1:2 recc, and a glowing heads recc with a score of 117(.47), but were told 'score reflects previous academic performance'.

They acknowledge she will get 3 level 5's.

Well - onwards to the appeal now. :roll: :roll: