BUCKS SECONDARY ALLOCATION PROFILES 2006 - 2015

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ToadMum

Re: BUCKS SECONDARY ALLOCATION PROFILES 2006 - 2015

Post by ToadMum »

The 'rules' are the school's oversubscription criteria - the order in which it allocates places if the total number of applications is greater than the number of places available in that year.

So, say the school's admission number is 150 and the criteria go

1. Looked after / previously looked after children
2. Siblings in catchment
3. Non-siblings in catchment
4. Siblings OOC
5. Non-siblings OOC
6. Others
and the applicationsI in each category are:

1: 2
2: 58
3: 100
4: 24
5: 26
6: 17

All the applications from the first two categories will be offered places, but the 150 mark will be reached before all of category 3 have been offered one.

I'm practice, not all applications will be first preferences (the school cannot know where it was placed on an individual's CAF) so it would look a bit different after allocations day, but I'm principle, offers stop once the admissions number is reached.

Being 'in catchment' does not guarantee a place.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

The allocation will be on your address abroad unless you move back before the date when residence is determined for the first round.
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

It's worth adding that, where distance is used as a criterion in the event of oversubscription, it is measured as the crow flies, i.e. in a straight line and not by road, starting with the person living closest to the school and working outwards. This applies if the school is oversubscribed within catchment, and for OOC applications if places are left once all the higher oversubscription categories have been applied (catchment, sibling, etc.)
Marylou
Day1n2

Post by Day1n2 »

Thanks everyone. The information you have all provided is very useful. Just to clarify we will be moving back to Bucks by Dec 2016 and my daughter will then be in Year 5 (end of 1st Term). That means we will be in Bucks by the time we apply for the transfer tests. So going by the allocation for 2014 for Dr Challoner's would I be right in saying that OOC children did not get any offer and that the within Catchment area children who live within 5.971 miles from the school were offered?

All applicants offered under rule 2 {4} (catchment siblings) and some allocated under rule 2 (catchment) to a distance of 5.971 miles.

So in theory if my child was one of children who took the test in 2014 she would not have been offered a place even if she had qualified in the exam (considering that we live 12 miles from the school??

What does the info in the drop box document mean - OA to 3.748?

Thanks in advance again.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

The problem is that each year is different and you cannot predict allocation distances at all.

Primary schools are also getting full and you may struggle to get a place in a good school.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Day1n2 wrote:All applicants offered under rule 2 {4} (catchment siblings) and some allocated under rule 2 (catchment) to a distance of 5.971 miles.
It is the allocation distance for Dr Challoners Grammar School which is the boys school. (The allocation profile actually reads as follows:)
All applicants offered under rule 2 (catchment siblings) and some allocated under rule 4 (catchment) to a distance of 5.918 miles.
The allocation profile for DCHS, the girls school, was:
All applicants offered under rule 3 (catchment), rule 5 (siblings), rule 6 (exceptional medical or social needs) and some allocated under rule 7 (distance) to 3.748 miles
And in the Drop box document that is abbreviated to this:
OA to 3.748?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Your assumptions about how the most recent allocations went and what your own situation would have been were correct but as has been pointed out, final distances will differ from year to year.

If you mean the 'OA to ***' on the spreadsheet, I would assume this means that the last place was taken by an Out of Area applicant living at that distance from the school, as opposed to the cells with 'IA - In Area? - to ***'.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Day1n2

Post by Day1n2 »

Thank Thank you everyone...Since I caught the 11+ fever, I started checking the stats for the past few years to see if we stand a chance...I totally understand that things will evolve before my daughter sits the 11+. Just wanted to understand the situation as it is today...May be in a years time I will try and convince my dreamy little girl to cut down talking to the birds and bees and take up some time bound tests...Thanks again.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Fortunatley the two Upper schools around there are both good with above national average GCSE results.
roselyn

Post by roselyn »

The allocation profile xls is quiet helpful.
Thank you Sally-Anne.

Just wondering where can we find the latest / upto-date ones for each year ?

eg., For Beaconsfield
Sep 2014 entry :
as of May 2014 - distance - 9.236 miles, where can we find whats the farthest distance offered for Sep 2014 entry ?

Also, where can we find the latest/upto-date allocation profile for Sep 2015 entry?
The Bucks website has allocation only until Apr -2015.

Thanks
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now