Moving to Bucks in October 2015

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Tinkers

Re: Moving to Bucks in October 2015

Post by Tinkers »

There is a Higher level of competition for places the Reading school, I suspect this is what the OP is getting at.
ConfusedFather

Post by ConfusedFather »

Tinkers wrote:There is a Higher level of competition for places the Reading school, I suspect this is what the OP is getting at.
But even then, why should it be excluded from the options? OP is anyhow planning to move after the results are known, so probably doesn't hurt to go for RG too?
mad?

Post by mad? »

Maybe OP has visited RG and didn't think it suitably snug :)
mad?
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Okay just to put an alternate view point here. The best two schools my DC have attended were never visited pre entrance. The worse two were. I'm with Nano on this one. All this visiting and choice in many ways leads to ridicoulously high expectations on schools and disillusionment when they are not met.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Tolstoy wrote:Okay just to put an alternate view point here. The best two schools my DC have attended were never visited pre entrance. The worse two were. I'm with Nano on this one. All this visiting and choice in many ways leads to ridicoulously high expectations on schools and disillusionment when they are not met.
But were the unseen schools ones you uprooted your whole family specifically to put your child/ren into?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

No but one did involve a summer of work to get a place. That said the alternative was probably worse even with hindsight.

Personally I would never uproot my family for a school and ideally would dispense with parental choice altogether. Shed load of unnecessary stress that parents and children could well do without.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now